Discord, the platform which was originally developed for gamers has now changed to a platform for different communities because of the number of features it offers in a single software. The coolest feature that it offers is the integration feature through which you can link your Youtube, Twitch, Twitter, Steam, Reddit, Spotify to your Discord account. One of the most popular ones is Spotify + Discord integration, when you play a song on your Spotify account your friends can see that on your discord status and listen with you. But the major problem faced by many users is that Discord does not show your Spotify status.
These cool features allow you to listen to the same music, watch the same video, or stream at the same time with your friends. But unfortunately, glitches and problems are everywhere, so here we are with a solution to your most common problem.
- Spotify Not Showing on Discord | Here You Go!
- Connecting Spotify account to Discord on PC or MAC
- Connecting Spotify Account to Discord on Android or iPhone
- Re-linking Your Spotify and Discord Account
- Clear Browsing Cache and Password on Discord and Spotify
- Clear Discord Cache
- Clear Spotify Cache
- Check Your Discord Status
- Disable “Currently Running Game as a Status Message” Option
- Spotify Not Showing on Discord (Mobile)
- FAQs | Spotify Status Not Showing
- I Can’t Hear Music Played on Spotify while on Discord
- Can I Listen to Songs Offline on Discord?
- Closure | Spotify Not Showing on Discord
Spotify Not Showing on Discord | Here You Go!
Make sure that your Spotify is linked to your Discord account, now to do that just follow the steps given below:
Connecting Spotify account to Discord on PC or MAC
- Step 1: Log in to your Discord and Spotify account on your PC or MAC.
- Step 2: Go to “User settings” in the Discord application.
- Step 3: Now go to “Connections”
- Step 4: Click on the Spotify icon and your Spotify account will open in another window.
- Step 5: Just click on Confirm and both of your accounts will now be linked.
- Step 6: In the “Connections” section turn on “Display on profile” and “Display Spotify as status” to allow others to see and join what you’re listening to.
Connecting Spotify Account to Discord on Android or iPhone
- Step 1: Open the Discord app on your Android or iPhone.
- Step 2: Now slide your fingers to the right and click on three horizontal lines in the top left to open the menu.
- Step 3: Click on your profile picture in the lower right corner.
- Step 4: Click on “Connections” and press the “Add” button in the top right corner.
- Step 5: Click on the Spotify icon and you will be redirected to the Spotify website in your browser, just grant permission and you are ready to go.
Now even after properly linking your Spotify and Discord accounts many users still face the issue and their Spotify status does not appear on Discord. We have listed various reasons and their solutions down below that you can follow.
You can try to unlink your Spotify account from discord and then link it again, this problem mainly arises when you change your Spotify account password. . To do this follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Open Discord on your PC or MAC.
- Step 2: Now go to “User settings”.
- Step 3: Click on “Connections” and go to the Spotify icon.
- Step 4: Click on the “X” icon to unlink your Spotify from Discord. Now we will have to relink it.
- Step 5: Under “Connections” click on the Spotify icon and it will redirect you to the Spotify login page.
- Step 6: Log in to your Spotify account and grant access to Discord.
Now try playing a song in Spotify and check your Discord profile you’ll see “Listening to Spotify”
Written in your status. If this method didn’t work for you, try the other methods listed.
Clear Browsing Cache and Password on Discord and Spotify
Sometimes cache files take a lot of space and cause problems, they should be cleared from time to time. In this method, we’re going to clean cache files from Spotify and Discord.
Clear Discord Cache
- Step 1: Open “RUN” by pressing Windows + R key together.
- Step 2: Type there “%APPDATA%/Discord/Cache” and press the ok button.
- Step 3: A folder full of cache files will open, you need to just delete all the files in the folder.
Clear Spotify Cache
- Step 1: Open the Spotify app on your PC or MAC.
- Step 2: Go to “settings” in the top right corner.
- Step 3: Scroll down and click on “ Show advanced settings”.
- Step 4: Go to “Offline songs storage” and there you’ll find the location where Spotify cache is stored.
- Step 5: Go to that folder and delete all the cache files.
Check Your Discord Status
To get Spotify status make sure that your Discord status is set to online otherwise it will not appear. To do that follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Open the Discord app on any device.
- Step 2: Click on your profile picture in the top left corner and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Step 3: At the bottom, you will see three options for your status, just select the “Online” button and you’re done.
Disable “Currently Running Game as a Status Message” Option
If this option is turned on, then it might be interrupting wiSpotifySpotify status. To turn it off, follow the given steps:
- Step 1: Open the Discord app on your PC or MAC.
- Step 2: Click on your profile picture in the bottom left corner.
- Step 3: Click on “User settings”
- Step 4: Go to “Game settings” and click on “Game activity”.
- Step 5: Disable the “Current running game as a status message” option.
After disabling this option, try playing music on your Spotify.
Spotify Not Showing on Discord (Mobile)
After linking your discord and Spotify on mobile make sure that “Device broadcast status” on the Spotify app is turned on. Follow the steps to do so:
- Step 1: Open the Spotify app on your mobile.
- Step 2: Now click on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner.
- Step 3: Turn on “Device broadcast status” option.
NOTE: The listen together feature is only available to Spotify Premium users only.
FAQs | Spotify Status Not Showing
I Can’t Hear Music Played on Spotify while on Discord
Well if you can’t listen to sound on Discord there may be few reasons like:
- The person you want to listen to has Spotify premium and you don’t.
- Make sure you are not on a call, Discord mutes all sounds while on call.
- Make sure you are not in a game connected to Discord.
Can I Listen to Songs Offline on Discord?
Yes, you can listen to songs offline on Discord just make sure the songs are downloaded.
Closure | Spotify Not Showing on Discord
These were some of the best and easiest ways through which you can fix your Spotify not showing on the status problem, just follow each step correctly. Let us know if you have any other doubts.