dcsimg
ClassNotFoundException: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Blaine_Lucyk
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 7, 2002 11:15 AM

I'm running tomcat 404 with DB2 7.2, JDK1.4, and windows 2000. I get the same error with tomcat 331, however everything works fine with tomcat 311. I'd like to have the application work on tomcat 331 or 404 - can someone help?? Here's the error message: Starting service Tomcat-Apache Apache Tomcat/4.0.4-b2 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa der.java:1406) Here's what's in the classpath: .;C:java;C:progra~1SQLLIBjavadb2java.zip;C:progra~1SQLLIBjava untime.zip;C:Program FilesSQLLIBjavadb2java.zip;C:Program FilesSQLLIBjava    More>>

I'm running tomcat 404 with DB2 7.2, JDK1.4, and windows 2000. I get the same error with tomcat 331, however everything works fine with tomcat 311. I'd like to have the application work on tomcat 331 or 404 - can someone help??

Here's the error message:

Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4-b2
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1406)

Here's what's in the classpath:

.;C:java;C:progra~1SQLLIBjavadb2java.zip;C:progra~1SQLLIBjava
untime.zip;C:Program FilesSQLLIBjavadb2java.zip;C:Program FilesSQLLIBjava
untime.zip;C:Program FilesSQLLIBjavasqlj.zip;C:Program FilesSQLLIB in

Cheers,
Blaine...

<<Less

Re: ClassNotFoundException: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

Posted By:   Blaine_Lucyk  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 9, 2002 11:40 PM

Unzipped the DB2java.zip file to /common/classes and it worked like a charm!!! MANY MANY thanks!!!

Cheers,
Blaine...

Posted By:   Zac_Jacobson  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 9, 2002 10:19 AM

Tomcat's ClassLoaders don't look for .zip files. Either do what Bill suggests, or turn your db2java.zip into a jar file, and put it in /common/lib/

Cheers,
Zac

Posted By:   Bill_Barr  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 9, 2002 08:06 AM

I unzipped db2driver archive into $TOMCAT_HOME/common/classes. Then, added the resource to server.xml.

Posted By:   Bill_Barr  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 9, 2002 08:05 AM

I unzipped db2driver archive into $TOMCAT_HOME/common/classes. Then, added the resource to server.xml.
About | Sitemap | Contact