dcsimg
How do I maximize a JInternalFrame inside a JDesktopPane?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jose_Rainho
Posted On:   Thursday, March 25, 2004 09:16 AM

Greetings from Portugal! My application has a JFrame with a menu bar and I made it run maximized by doing frame.setExtendedState(JFrame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH); I set this frame's content pane to a JDesktopPane. To this JDesktopPane I added a JInternalFrame. Now I want to maximize this internal frame, but when I do desk.getDesktopManager().maximizeFrame(fr1); ...my internal frame vanishes! Further investigation (thank God for println) revealed that desk's size is (0,0). I want to find the remaining usable size of my app's screen (its maximized size minus the title bar minus the menu bar) and set desk's size to it... any suggestions? Or is there any ot   More>>

Greetings from Portugal!

My application has a JFrame with a menu bar and I made it run maximized by doing

frame.setExtendedState(JFrame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH);

I set this frame's content pane to a JDesktopPane. To this JDesktopPane I added a JInternalFrame. Now I want to maximize this internal frame, but when I do

desk.getDesktopManager().maximizeFrame(fr1);

...my internal frame vanishes! Further investigation (thank God for println) revealed that desk's size is (0,0). I want to find the remaining usable size of my app's screen (its maximized size minus the title bar minus the menu bar) and set desk's size to it... any suggestions? Or is there any other way I can maximize fr1 properly, inside the JDesktopPane?

Thanks in advance!    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact