The filming of Ozark season 4 continues through July 2021. However, we have received word that several new faces are being considered for the supersized fourth season. Here’s a summary of what we know about season 4 of Ozark. Let’s get to it!
Ozark is frequently ranked amongst the best shows on Netflix. This Netflix Original crime drama series was created by Mark Williams, Bill Dubuque, and Mark Williams.
Ozark‘s popularity has exploded, making it one of Netflix’s most beloved Originals. In April 2020, the series was ranked among the top-watched titles. Only 30 million people watched the third series.
The series launched on Netflix in summer 2017 and despite constant comparisons with Breaking Bad it has earned its spot among the best shows on Netflix. It’s a huge awards magnet, with 32 Emmy nominations. The Netflix premiere of the latest season took place in March 2020.
Now that season 3 is over, let’s look to the future.
“Ozark” Season 4: Release Date.
Netflix has already said that the fourth season of Ozark will air, but it is not clear when it will start.
The corona pandemic caused planning and filming to be delayed for a year if the seasons were not in production. Filming resumed on May 20, 2021. If all goes according to plan, season four could still be available on the streaming service at the end of 2021.
Who are the cast members of Ozark season 4?
Caution! Spoiler alerts below.
The following cast members will be returning for Ozark’s fourth season:
- Marty Byrde with Jason Bateman
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde
- Sofia Hublitz and Charlotte Byrde
- Skylar Gaertner is Jonah Byrde
- Ruth Langmore is Julia Garner
- Darlene Snell and Lisa Emery
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore
- Three Langmores with Carson Holmes
- Jessica Frances Dukes, Special Agent Maya Miller
- Felix Solis as Omar Navarro
Because of the character’s passing, it is unclear if Tom Pelphrey would return to Ben Davis. If the actor does return, it’s likely to be in a flashback.
we received information in November 2020 about a variety of new castings to the final season. Here’s the updated cast list:
- Alfonso Herrera The Exorcist as Javi Elizonndro – “member the Navarro family who walks a fine line between playing the obedient Lieutenant and scheming his uncle’s cartel”
- Adam Rothenberg ( Ripper street), as Mel Sattem – “cop that fell from grace, who now works in a P.I. He is a fan of the chase and will not rest until he uncovers the truth.
- Felix Solid ( Charmed) is Omar Navarro
- Jim Rettelsdorf as Damian Young ( Home).
- Bruno Bichir ( Narcos), is Navarro’s Priest
- CC Castillo ( Outer Banks), Sheriff Leigh Guerrero
- Katrina Lenk, The Band’s Visit as Clare Shaw
- Aaron Gillespie ( Brockmire), is Kenny
- Patricia French as Lorna
- Mel Sattem and Adam Rothenberg
Some other characters who are expected to appear in Ozark season 4, include:
- Shaan Merchant
- Elizabeth Carlile
announced that two new cast members were added to the show’s roster in late June 2020. They are Ali Stroker and Veronica Falcon.
Falcon will portray Camila Elizonndro (the sister of the drug cartel chief).
Stroker will play Charles Ann, an old friend, and colleague of Ruth.
“Ozark” Season 4: Plot.
Netflix’s short teaser says: “They go in with a big bang.” Ozark “will return with an extended final season of 14 episodes.” More episodes will be needed to make the story complete. There are still some pressing questions to answer before we can say goodbye to the Byrde family.
There is no information yet about the plot for the fourth season. This storyline will likely tie in with Season 3. One thing is certain: Season 4 will see the Bryde family become more involved in criminal machinations. The entire family is likely to be trapped by the Navarro-Navarro tangled web of Marty, Wendy, and their relationship at the end of season 3.
It is unclear if the family will end up splitting in the power struggle over the drug empire. While Marty and Wendy were closer towards the end, their differences could become a major problem for the future. Season 3 revealed that both Byrdes are capable of running their own drug business. Are you able to find a common factor?
It is still unknown if Ruth, the renegade Ruth who turned her face on the family in Season 3, will return with the Byrde team for season 4, or if Ruth could be a dangerous rival. What does Wendy’s brother’s passing affect the family and events for the next season?