Experiencing Minecraft ‘io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out error’? For many, this has been a total disaster while connecting to a server. With over 100 billion views on Youtube, Minecraft became the single most-watched gaming topic of all time. Reflecting its popularity, Minecraft is even mandatory as a subject in a Swedish school. The game runs on pretty strong codes, but recently this error keeps the players away from the server.
This error is a system error, which corrects itself most of the time. However, to eliminate this error quickly, you must find this article useful. We have discussed the causes and the solutions, keeping it very realistic and comfortable for our readers to follow. So, let us get started.
Recommended Article: Disney Plus Error Code 83 [FIXED]
- io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection Timeout
- Causes of io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException
- io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException (Solution to Fix IT)
- Check Firewall Settings
- Removing Incompatible Software
- Manually Configuring I.P. Address
- Trying VPN
- Reinstalling Minecraft
- Rebooting Router
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection Timeout
In simple words, if this error comes, it suggests that the connection has timed out with the remote server. It means that the server is taking too long to respond to a data request sent by your device. It is nothing complex, but a simple issue faced by some of the players worldwide.
Minecraft is a popular sandbox video game launched in 2011. The most number of copies sold on record, it was developed by Mojang Studios, in the Java Programming language.
Players can create their own virtual world with limitless experiences. It can be played single or multiplayer with a unique concept of the pixelated cubes as building blocks in the game. This error typically occurs when you try to connect your game to the server. It can be yours or your friend’s server. Showing something like this: ‘io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection Refused: no further information:’.
Causes of io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException
Several reasons are discussed below that might initiate this error :
- Sometimes, it is due to the Windows Firewall, which prevents the connection. The solution for the same is described below. Also, it is a critical workaround to ensure the correction of the error.
- Java is one of the languages used in programming the game. So, if Java is outdated, this game will misbehave and most likely cause this error. If the launcher updates to the latest version, but Java is outdated still, the game will not run.
- There is a link below that gives a list of incompatible software on which Minecraft may misbehave. Thus, check it once to know if you are using any to run Minecraft on it. Software Incompatibility must be one solid reason for Minecraft to show this error.
- The I.P. address connects the server with the correct port. It is quite rare that one uses a Static I.P. address. Keep editing it timely. Hence, to prevent someone from being allocated to the same I.P. address as yours.
Link to Minecraft List of Incompatible Softwares: here
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException (Solution to Fix IT)
Our ample research and multiple fix trials have given us the opportunity to design this article. In such a way as to guide our readers smartly. We are systematically ordering the solutions in order to track down what initiated the error in the first place. Please read these in steps as mentioned to perfectly fix this problem.
Check Firewall Settings
To make sure that a Firewall does not block the game. Please follow these steps as mentioned:
- Click on the Settings icon from the Start menu.
- Further, click on the Updates and Security option.
- Click on the Firewall and Network Protection under Windows Security.
- Click on Change settings and select yes in the dialogue box that appears.
- From the options, click on the Allow Another App and select Browse.
- Select the game and the executable launcher from the game installation directory.
- Now navigate to the Minecraft servers installation directory.
- Open the Minecraft server folder from the Maxwell Folder.
- Repeat this process, but do not click on Allow Another App.
- Select the Change option to scroll the list of the available apps.
- Allow all Java Platform S.E. Binary options on both the Public and Private networks.
- Now, this must-have resolved the issue.
Try opening Minecraft, and connect it to the server. If the error persists, kindly proceed with us to the next solution.
Removing Incompatible Software
As per the list provided in the link above, you must have encountered that some software clashes with others. Since this issue got a place in an official article, it has to be something that must really matter a lot. One such is the Virtual Ethernet with Hamachi. It is a clean approach to remove/uninstall this software for eliminating the error. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Open the command prompt from the Start menu.
- Type “ipconfig” and browse through until you find a configuration named Virtual Ethernet with Hamachi.
- Note down the Address.
- Now you have to search for the Virtual Ethernet with Himaichi Software.
- Uninstall it through the control panel.
- Once uninstalled, go back to the Minecraft and put your I.P. address and the port number to remove this ‘io.netty. Channel..’ issue.
- How to know your I.P. address and port number? Please go through the information mentioned in the solution below.
Manually Configuring I.P. Address
If you do not use a Static I.P. address, you must immediately follow these steps to prevent this error from reappearing on your device.
- Type’ command prompt’ in the windows search bar.
- Select Run as Administrator option.
- Type “ipconfig” and note down the IPV4 Address.
- Open the Minecraft server folder from the Maxwell Folder.
- Click on the Server properties text document.
- Note down the Server Port number listed.
- Launch Minecraft and click on the Play Multiplayer option.
- Choose the server which you want to join and click on Edit from the options.
- Type in the Address in the given format- “XXX.XXX.X.X:YYYYY”. In particular, X is the numbers from the above-noted I.P. address, and Y is the Port number.
The server should connect at once after performing this and you won’t be facing the io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out error anymore.
It is not very general, but it is a real thing that a particular software gets banned in a specific region. Now you might never know this, but it can easily be checked by using a trusted Virtual Private Network Service.
By choosing a different location altogether, check if the io.netty error still appears. And unfortunately, if it is still there, do not lose hope. Follow further to hunt this bug down.
It is no surprise that sometimes, the software goes corrupt. One good clap about this is that it fixes easily, just by reinstalling the software. The same is the case with Minecraft. The system is unable to save some of the files while being used in the hard drive due to some power issues. It creates a vacancy in the information, thus making a file corrupt. But for this you have to Uninstall Minecraft first, and to do that, please follow these steps:
- Open the control panel of your system.
- Find the software named Minecraft.
- Click on it and find the Modify/Uninstall option at the top.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Wait for some time and let it uninstall.
- Please reboot your computer.
Once uninstalled, it becomes necessary to download the latest version of the software to use it effectively, so to download the latest version of Minecraft from their website, click here.
‘io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information’ is absolute havoc. And even now, if it persists, it is sure that this a LAN problem and not the server or a system problem. Proceed below to this ultimate solution.
We have put this down as the last solution. Because, if it is a server issue, it couldn’t have been corrected by this. Now, if nothing has worked till yet, which is very unlikely, we still need you to perform rebooting your router. Besides, it is as effective as it sounds.
- Turn off the router.
- Wait for 30 seconds or more.
- Please turn it on again.
If it is a wired connection, then check the ethernet cable. Please plug it correctly on both ends. Now go online and create your own world on the server you desire to play on.
Note: You can also try troubleshooting the Network and Connectivity, simply by clicking on the troubleshoot option in Network settings. Just in order to be more precise about the LAN fix. Now, you are all set to blast, create, and roam.
The ‘io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information’ error is highly frustrating but a simple fix. Minecraft is a magical game with extraordinary experiences. It becomes important to remove any hindrances that may arise.
We discussed its causes and solutions. We hope that our readers find this article useful. Connect with us from the comment section below, and we look forward to helping you with our upcoming articles.