Problem while trying to render a JSF component(The action method doesn't fire).
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Balaji_G
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 21, 2008 01:04 AM

Here's my prob. Code: rendered="#{(backingBean.customId=1 || backingBean.customId=2)}" The "customId" field is of type "long". Now the component gets rendered correctly based on the specified condition and but the action method that i have mapped doesn't fire.When i print the render condition's value it gets printed.And also when i remove this render condition the method fires.When I pass this value as a i am able to get the value in the mapped action method. I need to make the method fire with the render conditions in place. Any clarifications on why this is happening will be of great help.Thanks in Advance.    More>>

Here's my prob.

Code:

rendered="#{(backingBean.customId=1 || backingBean.customId=2)}"

The "customId" field is of type "long".

Now the component gets rendered correctly based on the specified condition and but the action method that i have mapped doesn't fire.When i print the render condition's value it gets printed.And also when i remove this render condition the method fires.When I pass this value as a i am able to get the value in the mapped action method. I need to make the method fire with the render conditions in place. Any clarifications on why this is happening will be of great help.Thanks in Advance.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact