IE 7 doesn't recognize window.open method
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Daniel_Baylon
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 3, 2007 07:20 PM

I'm working on a Web application which uses some JavaScript code. I need to show some information in other browser window and retrieve some fields information from new window to a parent window field. That's the reason why I'm using window.open, I need to use document.opener property to reference parent window fields. I tested application on FireFox 2.0 and everything worked fine. When I try to test application using Internet Explorer 7.0, the Web browser doesn't recognize window.open method. I don't know what could be wrong. Maybe I need to change this method to other but I'm not sure what other options could use. I appreciate some help   More>>

I'm working on a Web application which uses some JavaScript code.

I need to show some information in other browser window and retrieve some fields information from new window to a parent window field. That's the reason why I'm using window.open, I need to use document.opener property to reference parent window fields.

I tested application on FireFox 2.0 and everything worked fine. When I try to test application using Internet Explorer 7.0, the Web browser doesn't recognize window.open method.

I don't know what could be wrong.

Maybe I need to change this method to other but I'm not sure what other options could use.

I appreciate some help.

Regards.

<<Less

Re: IE 7 doesn't recognize window.open method

Posted By:   Firat_Tiryaki  
Posted On:   Monday, January 15, 2007 03:53 AM

Use window.opener or self.opener the document object has not got an "opener" property in IE.
About | Sitemap | Contact