Do you remember watching Harry Potter and finding his live pictures fascinating? Instead of holding a very short moment in a frame, Harry had his own short video in every picture he held in his photo album.
It is quite enviable, isn’t it?
There is something so unique and charming about how people are before and after they capture their favorite moment. Practicing the most appropriate smile, fixing their hair.
Wouldn’t it be great to record those moments and share them on Instagram?
Do you know that your iPhone holds a little magic trick for your Instagram posts? A magical touch to make your dream photos come true.
We have great news for you! You can now change your still photos on your camera roll and make them a bit different from video and gif imagery.
Fortunately, we no longer need a magical wand for that.
Even we don’t need to focus on the followers for magical blow up on social media, simply buy Instagram followers, and let the magic happen.
iPhone’s Live Photos feature brings dreams into a reality, and here are some tips for you about how to upload a live photo to Instagram and create your own magical Instagram feed.
- What is a Live Photo?
- Which devices take Live Photos?
- How to take a Live Photo on iPhone?
- How to change the key photo of a Live Photo?
- How to add effects to Live Photos?
- Live Photo Effects
- Ultimate Photos app, Instagram
- How to Post a Live Photo on Instagram?
- How to post a Live Photo on the Instagram app as Instagram Story?
- How to post a Live Photo on Instagram as a video?
What is a Live Photo?
Live Photo is an iOS feature, enabled through iPhone or iPad, introduced back in 2015.
It records what happens 1.5 seconds before and after you capture a moment in a photo and appears like a bullseye icon at the top right corner.
Although it might remind you of short videos or gifs, Live Photo appears as a still image until you crush down on the photo. It then shows 1.5 seconds before and after the journey to your picture alongside the sound record. These photos are amazing to be published on Instagram. Simply choose one of them among these live photos. There’s no doubt not to get view Instagram cares much.
Which Devices Take Live Photos?
According to Apple, “You can take Live Photos on iPhone 6s and later, iPad (5th generation) and later, iPad mini (5th generation) and later, and iPad Pro models from 2016 or later, iPad Air (3rd generation) and later.”
Unfortunately, Android devices do not support Live photos yet. Instead, Samsung has introduced Motion photos.
Motion photo records a few seconds of video before you capture the photo.
How to Take a Live Photo on iPhone?
- Open your Camera app on your iPhone.
- Ensure that your camera is set to photo mode. Often, it is the standard mode when you open the Camera app.
- Turn on Live Photos. Once it is on, the Live Photos button will appear at the top of the white circle and turn yellow when you use it.
- Hold your phone steady to capture the moment and tap the shutter button.
Once you take your Live Photo, you can find it in the Media Types of Albums tab of your iPhone.
You might add a bit more magic and discover Live Photo features. Such as adding effects, changing the key photo, and even making it your wallpaper. If you need some more magic, buy Instagram likes to be visible on social media.
How to Change the Key Photo of a Live Photo?
The key photo is the photo that presents a group of photos, which is the live photos icon. To change your Live Photo’s key photo:
- Open the Live Photo on your device and tap Edit.
- Tap the Live Photos button, where a slide of frames will appear.
- Move the slider to change the frame as you wish.
- Release your finger when you choose your key photo, tap Make Key Photo, and tap Done.
How to Add Live Photo Effects?
While it is fun to take a Live Photo, you might also seek some effects to make it unique. Do not worry. You do not need another app to apply effects.
Here are the steps to add effects to Live Photos.
- Open your Live Photo.
- Tap the Live Photos button that appears near the top of the screen.
- Choose the effect you want to add to your Live Photos.
Live Photo Effects
iOS offers three effects that you can apply to your Live Photos. Each of them adds a unique touch to your favorite moment, and they are worth trying.
Loop turns your Live Photo into a video loop and adds a dissolve style transition between the beginning and end of the video.
Bounce makes your Live Photo play forth and then instantly in reverse.
Long Exposure highlights the elements of time and movement. It adds a cinematographic touch to your Live Photos.
Now that you edited your image, time to post a live photo on Instagram.
Ultimate Photos App, Instagram
Posts with visual content produce 650 percent more engagement compared to text-only posts. The numbers change based on the content, a picture, a gif, or a video.
While the statistics are crystal clear, it makes sense for the photos app to gain interest among people.
Formerly launched for iOS in October 2010, Instagram soon became widely used on Androids as well as the ultimate photos app. From layout to features, it offers an easy understanding for people of all ages.
When we look at the layout on the screen, in the upper left corner of the Instagram feed, we see the app’s logo.
In the lower left-hand corner of the screen, we can find the Instagram homepage. Photos of others appear there, and we can see their usernames on the top left.
Features and Tools of Instagram
The more people start to use Instagram, the more features and tools gather the interest of active users. Here are some of them.
Instagram users seek hashtags to discovers not only posts but also each other. Keeping hashtags relevant on a post encourages interactions and gathers users with the same interests together.
Explore is a tab within the app where users can find popular photos and videos on Instagram or those taken near their location. A search bar also appears at the top of the screen on this tab.
Some Instagram users save a post to come back to it later on. They can also create a collection from the post they saved.
The save button is at the right bottom of the post.
Instagram offers photographic filters users can apply to their photos before they post them on their Instagram feed.
Although Instagram started as a photo-only sharing app, it later on added the video to its features. This also allowed users to post a live photo, which is a feature of iPhone users.
The 3D Touch feature allows Instagram users to zoom in on a post. All they need to do is long-press on a thumbnail.
It is the Instagram feature that allows users to interact through private messaging. Instagram redesigned this feature many times to meet users’ requirements and protect their safety.
A feature where the post expires after 24 hours. Users can add stickers or captions. They can even share a post or post live photos on Instagram using this feature.
In case of resharing someone else’s Instagram post, the user might need explicit permission from the content owner.
As mentioned above, it is quite easy to share a photo or video on Instagram. Sharing live photos on Instagram, however, might be a bit complicated.
How to Post a Live Photo On Instagram?
It is no lie that the quality of your image brings more recognition to your Instagram post. Sometimes, more than still images or perfectly edited videos on motion stills, your followers might want to see something more natural.
Wouldn’t it be fun if they say cheese together with you? Or witness an epic fall after a flawless pose? Sounds like a hysteric prank for your close friends.
We know. You captured all of it with a Live Photo. Now, post a Live photo to Instagram.
The Instagram app offers two different Instagram ways for you to post live photos. You can either convert live photos to a video on the Instagram app or post a live photo as a normal photo.
Here are tips for you to share your live photos on Instagram step by step.
How to Post a Live Photo on Instagram App as Instagram Story?
Posting Live photos on Instagram Story might remind you of the Boomerang feature, which can be used on galaxy phones as well. You are not wrong. It appears similar to post Boomerang. To post a live photo on your Instagram story:
- Open Instagram to post live photos on the story feature.
- Tap on the share icon (plus sign) on your Instagram homepage and select Story to add a new story.
- Tap the plus sign just like how you always do to add your Instagram stories.
- Tap on your iPhone camera roll, choose your live picture from your picture gallery, and press firmly on it.
- The Live photo will play as Boomerang, a live photo video.
- Add stickers, captions, or tag people.
- Then, tap on Your Story and upload your Live photo as a Boomerang post.
How to Post a Live Photo on Instagram as a Video?
Posting a live photo on Instagram is not limited to Instagram stories. You can also upload a live photo as a regular new post.
- Open iPhone’s camera app by clicking on the camera icon and selecting the live photo you desire to post on your Instagram feed from your phone gallery.
- Swipe upwards and choose “Save as video” among the other options.
- Open the Instagram app and tap the share icon (plus sign) on the top right corner of the screen. It is like how you upload any other image or video.
- Select the video which you converted from your Live Photo.
- Tap the Next, add your cool caption, tag people and post a live photo video!
It is no longer about the best moment you capture on your screen but your journey to the perfect timing. With the Live Photo feature of the iPhone, you can now upload the perfect visual to your Instagram feed.
The Instagram app offers you two options to share live photos. You can post a live photo to Instagram either as an Instagram story or upload it as a video on your Instagram feed.
Following the Instagram steps might seem complicated. But our simple instructions will lead you to post a live photo on Instagram.
Go on and open your Instagram app, make your story and post unique. Post a live photo on Instagram now!