Twitter is a microblogging and social networking service. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the globe. Users are complaining that they are facing a problem where “Tweets aren’t loading right now” on Twitter.
We also faced the same problem but were able to resolve it. So, if you are also one of those who are getting the same issue, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the ways to fix it.
Fix “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” Error
Many users are reporting on different social platforms that they are getting an error message stating, “Tweets are not loading right now”. There can be various reasons why you are getting the error on your Twitter account.
In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” Error.
1. Restart Your Device
First of all, you need to restart your device as the issue might be related to your phone. Follow the below steps to restart your phone.
Restart iPhone X and later
1. Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
2. Release the buttons when the slider appears.
3. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
4. Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to finish the restarting.
Restart Android Phones
1. Press and hold the Power button or Side button on your Android phone.
2. Click on Restart from the given options on the screen.
3. Wait for a few seconds to finish restarting.
2. Clear Cache Data
If restarting does not help you then you need to clear the cache data of the Twitter app as it fixes most of the problems a user faced within the app. Follow the below steps to clear the cache data of Twitter.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Twitter to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Twitter app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. Click on Clear Data or Mange Storage (on some devices, you will see Storage & Cache, tap on it).
6. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear the cache data of Twitter.
iOS devices don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Twitter app.
1. Go to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage.
2. Here, you will see Twitter, tap on it.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
3. Switch to Latest Tweets
Twitter also has an option by which users can choose whether they want to switch to the latest tweets or not. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the Twitter app on your device.
2. Click on the star icon at the top-right side.
3. Choose Switch to Latest Tweets from the given options.
4. Now, you will be able to see the latest tweets on your timeline.
4. Check Your Internet
Check whether you have good internet or not because if your internet speed is too low, you will face the problem of Tweets not loading. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Follow the below steps to run a speed test.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an Internet Speed Checker website on your device. (like fast.com, speedtest.net, etc).
2. Once opened, click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s low, switch to a stable network. After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed.
5. Update the Twitter App
You can try updating the Twitter app as app updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements over its previous version. Follow the below steps to update the Twitter app.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Twitter in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
4. Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
5. If there is no update available then you can also re-install the Twitter app.
6. Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Twitter servers are down and there are some technical issues. So, check whether Twitter is down or not. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Twitter in the search box and hit enter.
3. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Twitter and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Twitter servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for the Twitter team to resolve the issue.
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” error. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.