reading OctetString from LDAP
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Quin_Verheyen
Posted On:   Thursday, March 14, 2002 03:40 AM

Hi, i use LDAP data to fill a DB (Oracle)with some personal information from employees of my company. This works fine, however i noticed that AD contains certain attributes of the datatype 'OctetString' . One of thos attributes that is of interest to me is 'ObjetGUID' . This is a unique ID... and unique goes nicely with a DB if you get my point. I want to use that attribute in the future as a key to make sure if the desired person isn't already in the DB. I tried to read this attribute as an Object ans cast it to a byte array but that throws a ClassCastException. I also tried using the getBytes() method, after converting the object to a String, but this does not give th   More>>

Hi,

i use LDAP data to fill a DB (Oracle)with some personal information from employees of my company.
This works fine, however i noticed that AD contains certain attributes of the datatype 'OctetString' .

One of thos attributes that is of interest to me is 'ObjetGUID' . This is a unique ID... and unique goes nicely with a DB if you get my point. I want to use that attribute in the future as a key to make sure if the desired person isn't already in the DB.

I tried to read this attribute as an Object ans cast it to a byte array but that throws a ClassCastException.
I also tried using the getBytes() method, after converting the object to a String, but this does not give the wanted result.

How does one read this object (or any other that is of this type) from AD ?

thx in advance
Quin

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact