Help! FLUSH Memory of JVM instance! Java.lang.outofmemory ERROR!!
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Robert_Combs
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 26, 2004 05:01 AM

I'm using a java applet that paints a table-based database grid and running it on apache server. It works fine but after 2-3 hours of reloading (which initializes and draws the applet again to show the DB's most recent data), the browser will not render the applet. When I put my mouse over the applet, I see a java.lang.outofmemory error. The work-around is to open and close the browser(which kills the JVM instance). How can I prevent this? Or better yet, how I can I flush the JVM's memory so that every time I repaint the applet, the JVM's stack will not overflood. BTW, memory increase will only increase the time it takes for the applet to crash but I'd rather flush it when   More>>

I'm using a java applet that paints a table-based database grid and running it on apache server. It works fine but after 2-3 hours of reloading (which initializes and draws the applet again to show the DB's most recent data), the browser will not render the applet.

When I put my mouse over the applet, I see a java.lang.outofmemory error.

The work-around is to open and close the browser(which kills the JVM instance).

How can I prevent this? Or better yet, how I can I flush the JVM's memory so that every time I repaint the applet, the JVM's stack will not overflood.

BTW, memory increase will only increase the time it takes for the applet to crash but I'd rather flush it when I refresh the browser somehow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Robert

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact