dcsimg
LAN authentication in intranet application
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andrea_Cervellati
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 6, 2002 07:12 AM

Hi, I'm developing a intranet application that is supposed to authenticate the users based on LAN security authentication. I'm using the J2EE 1.3 Reference Implementation on a Windows 2000 platform. I'd like the user to avoid the form login and go directly inside the intranet application with the lan username. And I'd like to retrive the username in the code just using the getRemoteUser() method from servlets and getCallerPrincipal() method from EJBs? I read that I have to configure the realm in J2EE SDK. I saw there are only 2 realm, the default and the certificate, is it possible to add another one and map to LDAP ? If so how can I do that? And then in my web.xml should I add the tag?    More>>

Hi,

I'm developing a intranet application that is supposed to authenticate the users based on LAN security authentication.

I'm using the J2EE 1.3 Reference Implementation on a Windows 2000 platform.

I'd like the user to avoid the form login and go directly inside the intranet application with the lan username. And I'd like to retrive the username in the code just using the getRemoteUser() method from servlets and getCallerPrincipal() method from EJBs?

I read that I have to configure the realm in J2EE SDK. I saw there are only 2 realm, the default and the certificate, is it possible to add another one and map to LDAP ? If so how can I do that?

And then in my web.xml should I add the tag?
And how about the ejb-jar.xml?

I've been looking for answers on this topic for many days and I haven't found any yet (the java tutorials and forums couldn't help me)! Please help!! Thanx in advance! Bye

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact