- NEXT WEEK, Big E will play the Intercontinental Championship against Apollo Crews on WWE SmackDown.
- Seth Rollins finally didn’t make his return to television on SmackDown
During the broadcast of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX, WWE released a promotional video about the next episode of Monday Night Raw, where Drew McIntyre will defend the WWE Championship against Keith Lee, and various legends, such as Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, will make an appearance special. You can see the promotional video at the top of this news.
– WWE has confirmed that the first defense of Big E will take place next week. He will play the Intercontinental Championship against Apollo Crews on the Friday Night SmackDown show that will air on FOX on January 8.
– As happened on Monday Night Raw, the company republished a poster about Jon Huber (Luke Harper) at the show’s start. Several superstars wore a black bracelet with the words ‘Brodie Lee’ during the show, such as Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, and Sasha Banks.
— GetTheTables (@GetTheTables_) January 2, 2021
– Seth Rollins finally did not appear on the Friday Night SmackDown show. Last week, WWE reported his return, but he was removed from the official undercard published in the preview. The reason for this change is unknown.
– Billie Kay intervened in the fight between The Riott Squad against Tamina and Natalya, helping Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott to win. Following the show, several hilarious videos have been posted of Kay trying to get closer to Morgan and Riott, although without much success. It is not very clear what the future of this formation will be. After the show was over, she was interviewed behind the scenes, stating that her resume clearly shows that she is a consummate team competitor and is qualified to advise any team, no matter who she comes to the ring with.