Last Sunday the Royal Rumble was held, an event that is characterized by its two royal battles. Regarding the list of previously announced, there were some last-minute changes produced for different reasons. In this news, we will give an update on what happened in some cases.
In the Men’s Battle Royal, the most notable absence was Keith Lee. The reason is not confirmed by an official source, but everything indicates that he was quarantined after Reckoning (Mia Yim) tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday before the dress rehearsal at Tropicana Field in Tampa, Florida. Keith Lee is Mia Yim’s partner in real life, which is close contact and that would have conditioned his participation in Royal Rumble.
Dave Meltzer, a journalist for the Wrestling Observer, has reported on his latest radio show that Otis was a late-breaking addition to the Battle Royal. It was incorporated into the billboard, but it is said that it was not to be used ultimately. Finally, he entered the 20th position and spent 53 seconds in the ring until he was eliminated by King Corbin. It is rumored that his position was to be filled by Ángel Garza, but the Mexican fighter was not part of the fight.
Not all were absences of superstars. The chairman of WWE, Vince McMahon, was not backstage at Royal Rumble. It is said that the reason was the recent death of his brother Rod McMahon.