Halo hair extensions are easy to install and remove without clips, glue, or weaving. They consist of a thin, clear wire worn like a headband, with hair extensions attached. If you want to add volume and thickness to your hair fast, halo extensions are the way to go.
One of the main advantages of halo hair extensions is their ease of use. Unlike other hair extensions that take hours, halo extensions can be installed in minutes. And you don’t even need any extra tools for that!
In this post, Sittingpretty will explore the various quick and easy hairstyles using halo hair extensions. Keep reading and learn how to get a glow-up in minutes!
Preparing Your Halo Hair Extensions
First, select the right halo hair extension for your hair type and color. Look for an extension that matches your natural hair’s texture, color, and length as closely as possible.
- To install your halo extension, start by placing the wire over your head like a headband, with the extension wefts facing down. Adjust the wire so that it sits comfortably and securely around your head. Once in place, use a comb or brush to blend your natural hair over the extension wefts, creating a natural and seamless look.
- If your halo hair extension feels loose or uncomfortable, you may need to adjust the wire or add a few bobby pins to hold it.
- To blend your halo hair extension with your natural hair, use a comb or brush to section your hair. Take a small section of hair from the front of your head and gently tease it at the roots. This will help create a more natural look by hiding the halo wire.
- Take a small section of hair from the weft of the halo extension and tease it in the same way.
- Finally, use a hair straightener or curling iron to style your hair as desired, blending the halo extension with your natural hair for a flawless finish.
Remember to use heat protectant spray before using any hot styling tools to prevent damage to your hair and extensions.
Quick and Easy Halo Hair Extension Hairstyles
The Effortless Beach Waves:
- To create beach waves, start by sectioning your hair into small sections. Take a small section of hair and clamp it with the flat iron or wrap it around the curling wand, starting about halfway down the section. Hold for a few seconds and release. Repeat this process throughout your hair, alternating the direction of the curl to create a natural, tousled look.
- Гse your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to loosen the curls gently. You can also spritz a sea salt spray throughout your hair and scrunch with your fingers to enhance the beachy texture.
The Classic Low Ponytail:
- To secure your halo hair extension for a ponytail, combine your natural hair and the extension and tie them into a low ponytail with an elastic band. Use bobby pins to secure any loose strands around the hairline.
- To add volume and texture, tease the hair at the crown of your head with a comb or brush. You can also gently pull at the hair on either side of the ponytail to create a fuller look. Finish with a touch of hairspray to hold the style in place.
The Half-Up, Half-Down Style:
- Section the top half of your hair, including the hair around your face, and secure it with an elastic band at the crown of your head. Be sure to include your halo hair extension in the section.
- Style the bottom half of your hair as desired. Leave it straight, add loose waves, or create tighter curls. For a more polished look, smooth flyaways with a light-hold hairspray or apply a small amount of hair serum to the ends.
The Sleek and Straight Look:
- To straighten your halo hair extension for a smooth appearance, start by sectioning your hair and the extension. Use a flat iron to straighten each section, starting at the roots and slowly working to the ends. Use a heat protectant spray to prevent damage to your natural hair and the extension.
- To maintain shine, apply a small amount of hair serum to the ends of your hair after straightening. You can also use a boar bristle brush to distribute the natural oils throughout your hair and add shine.
The Messy Bun:
- To create a voluminous, textured bun with your halo hair extension, start by pulling your hair and the extension into a high ponytail. Twist the ponytail and wrap it around the base to create a bun. Use bobby pins to secure the bun in place.
- To secure your bun for all-day wear, apply a strong-hold hairspray or gel to the hair around the hairline and the bun. This will help keep any flyaways or loose pieces in place. For added texture and volume, use a teasing comb to tease the hair around the crown of your head before creating the bun.
Maintaining Your Halo Hair Extension for Quick and Easy Styling
Proper care and storage are essential to preserve the quality and longevity of your halo hair extension. After each use, gently brush or comb the hair to remove any tangles or knots. Store your halo extension in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent damage and fading.
To detangle your halo hair extension, start from the ends of the hair and work your way up to the roots. Use a wide-toothed comb or a soft-bristled brush to detangle any knots gently. Do not pull or tug on the hair, which can cause damage or breakage.
Avoid using hot styling tools on the extension to minimize damage too often. If you must use heat, apply a heat protectant spray and adjust the temperature to a lower setting.
How often you should wash and condition your halo hair extension depends on how often you wear it and how much product you use. Generally, it’s best to wash the extension every 10-20 wears, or as needed. Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner designed for hair extensions, and rinse thoroughly to remove any product buildup.
When conditioning, avoid applying the product directly to the roots or wefts of the extension. Instead, focus on the mid-lengths and ends, and use a wide-toothed comb to distribute the conditioner evenly. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
Halo hair extensions are a convenient and easy way to quickly achieve a variety of hairstyles. From effortless beach waves to sleek and straight looks, classic low ponytails, and messy buns, many styles can be created with halo hair extensions.
We encourage you to explore different styles to find the best ones. Don’t be afraid to try new looks and techniques; remember that practice makes perfect.