In today’s digital world, Full of threats and breaches, anyone can not ignore cybersecurity. One single cyber attack or breach can expose all the personal and official information of millions of people. These attacks might have a strong financial impact on the companies as well as the trust of the customers. So here comes the important role of cybersecurity, which is aimed at protecting all kinds of data, digital assets, and other digital information belonging to any organization or individual. It protects data from theft and damage.
Here cybersecurity is the process of protecting networks and computer systems from unauthorized attack or access. It is also a fact that the volume and sophistication of cyberattacks are constantly increasing, our dependency on technology is growing, and the chances of cyber attacks are also increasing. So the value of cybersecurity in today’s technological world is immense.
It is known that almost everyone and every organization are using the internet for online shopping, banking, and socializing. We are moving our lives online, and there is also the risk of cybercrime is also increasing. Therefore the importance of cybersecurity in this internet-centered world is at its peak. So all governments, businesses, and individuals must invest in cybersecurity to protect their data and digital assets from cyber breaches and attacks. Due to the increasing importance of cybersecurity, there is also the demand for certified cybersecurity experts is increasing. Ultimately people are seeking some reputed Cybersecurity courses free of cost that can guide them through their careers in this domain.
So this article will focus on resources to get a free certificate in cybersecurity.
What is Cybersecurity?
In simple terms, cybersecurity is known as the practice of protecting systems, programs, networks, and sensitive digital information from cyber attacks. It unites defenses and unlocks innovation with a partner that understands your business security requirements. These security processes involve security products to find addresses and prevent cyber breaches. Cybersecurity is also known as Information technology security, involving security measures that are designed to combat threats generated from inside or outside of an organization.
Cybersecurity Certification- Many reputed institutes and universities provide several cybersecurity certifications available for paid and free. Earning a certificate in cybersecurity demonstrates that the candidate is experienced in IT security and capable of designing, developing, implementing, and monitoring a cybersecurity program. A certification in cybersecurity is a credential that evinces your expertise that can polish your understanding of cybersecurity principles, tools, and techniques. Mid-level and high-level certifications in this field can help candidates specialize in a more niche area. If someone is interested in making a career in this domain, then cybersecurity certifications will arm them with optimum knowledge to land an entry-level job in this drastic domain.
Resources to Earn a Free Certificate in Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity is a fast-growing industry where there is an agreed demand for certified experts in this domain. Ultimately there is an increased demand for free cybersecurity certification courses that are helpful in landing a career in cybersecurity. Listed below are the top courses you can earn for free with high-class learning.
- Introduction to Cyber Security by Simplilearn- This certificate is specially designed for beginners that provides fundamental knowledge of today’s cybersecurity landscape. It offers you to learn about relevant tools to assess and manage security products in information processing systems. Most attractively, it enables candidates to perform disaster recovery testing and business impact analysis after taking this exam. Additionally, it helps you learn security and risk management to perform security operations successfully.
- Security Engineer by Udacity- This free certification takes 4 months to complete the course that requires basic knowledge of Python language and experience configuring Linux and AWS environments. It is specially designed to master the basic skills essential to becoming a successful Security Engineer. Through this course, you are going to learn how to protect an organization’s computer systems, networks, and infrastructure from cyber security attacks or threats. Security Engineering certification covers key concepts like fundamentals of security engineering, Infrastructure security, Application security, System security, etc.
- Cybersecurity for IT Professionals by LinkedIn- It is one Month Free Trial training course that can be completed in only in duration of 2 hours and 26 minutes. It helps you learn how to use the latest tools to discourage and combat hackers who want to attack your windows and Linux systems. It also helps in creating protections like antivirus protection and firewalls in your system. This course will help you to identify vulnerabilities, detect intruders, and scan your network for suspicious files. It covers topics like Network connections, vulnerability scanning, web applications, monitoring packets, firewalls, antivirus, etc.
- AWS Certified Security Specialty 2023 by Udemy- This course is specially designed to prepare you for the AWS Certified Security Specialty exam and enables you to master the security aspects of AWS. It provides you with deep insights into Enterprise-grade Security implementation. It also enables you to detect attacks and protect the AWS infrastructure from hackers. It is one of the widely popular security certifications across the industry. This certification is specially designed for candidates who want to master the security side of AWS.
- Cyber Security: Go From Zero to Hero, by Skillshare- It is a beginner-level free cybersecurity course that will help you learn how to grow your career as a cybersecurity professional. Basically, it helps in developing the skills required to become a cybersecurity expert. It also helps you know about many different cybersecurity job roles and various certifications available in the cybersecurity industry. This certification can prepare you for the skills required, facts about a career in cybersecurity, security architect, security analyst role, penetration tester, cybersecurity manager, computer forensics analyst, etc.
Besides that there are many free cybersecurity certification courses are available that can help you prepare for entry-level jobs in this evolving domain. Choose and opt for any cybersecurity certification course and find your niche with several job opportunities available due to the lack of skilled and certified professionals in this field.