Lock Hidden Photos on iPhone or iPad, How to Hide Videos on iPhone with Password, Unhide photos or videos on iOS or iPadOS, How to Hide Photos and Videos on iPhone or iPad –
iPhone users are increasing day-by-day as they are made to give users a premium feel and remain as flagship models and up-to-date longer, as there is only one manufacturer and new and better phones aren’t launched as often as Android phones.
Users have personal photos and videos on their iPhones that they don’t want to share with others. Hopefully, there are ways to hide your sensitive photos and videos on your iPhone or iPad.
So, if you are also one of those who want to hide your personal files on iOS, read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to do so.
How to Hide Photos and Videos on iPhone or iPad?
We have listed some ways to hide photos and videos on your iPhone or iPad. Read on to check all the methods to do so.
Using the Photos App
Here’s how you can hide your personal photos and videos in the Photos app.
- Open the Photos app on your device.
- Tap the select button and select all the photos or videos which you want to hide.
- Click on the Share icon on the bottom left side.
- Scroll down, and tap Hide to hide the files you have selected.
- It will open a prompt window with the message stating, “These items will be hidden but can be found in the Hidden album. You can choose to show or hide the Hidden album in the Settings.”
- Click on Hide Items in the prompt window.
Done, you have successfully hidden the photos and videos from the Photos app on your device. Now, these files will be moved to the Hidden album in the app. Here’s how you can view or unhide them.
- Open the Photos app and tap on Albums from the bottom.
- Scroll down and click on the hidden option under Utilities.
- Now, you will see all the hidden files.
- Select the files you want to unhide then click on the share icon and select Unhide.
Hide the Hidden Folder in App
The hidden photos and videos will be moved to the hidden album folder which can be easily accessed by anyone. However, there is a way to remove or hide the hidden album from the Photos app. Here’s how you can do it on your device.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on Photos and here you will see the Hidden Album option.
- Turn off the toggle for Hidden Album to disable it.
Now, your hidden photos and videos will not be accessible from the Photos app. When you want to access it, you need to turn on the toggle for Hidden Album then you will see the hidden folder in the app.
Using the Notes App
Notes App on the iPhone or iPad has the ability to lock notes. Hence, you can add your private photos and videos to notes and lock them with a password. After that, you can delete the photos or videos from the Photos app. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Photos app and select the photos you want to hide.
- Click on the Share icon at the bottom.
- Scroll the lists of apps then tap on the More option with three dots and select Notes.
- Add the name and description for the note if you want and click on the Save button at the top.
After saving the note, you need to lock them with a password. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Notes app on your device.
- Click on the note that you have created to hide photos.
- Now, click on the three-dots icon at the top then select Lock and set a password.
You can also enable lock screen passcode or Touch ID or Face ID for the Notes app. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Settings and then click on Notes.
- Click on Password and turn on the toggle for Use Touch ID.
- Enter the passcode when prompted.
Done, you have successfully enabled the Touch ID or password for the note. After adding the photo to the note, delete the file from the Photos app.
You can also save the photo or video back to Photos App from Notes. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the locked note and tap on the file.
- Click on the share icon at the bottom and click Save Image.
Using Google Drive App
There are many third-party apps that let you hide photos and videos on your iPhone. Here, we are using the Google Drive app to hide files on your device. Here’s how you can do it.
- Download the Google Drive App from App Store.
- Log in to your account or create a new account.
- Once done, open the app and click on the Plus (+) icon on the bottom right side then choose Upload.
- Click on Photos and Videos and select the album and upload all the files you want to hide.
- Once uploaded, save them offline if you want to.
- To hide files, click on the three lines menu or hamburger menu from the home screen on the top-left side then tap on Settings.
- Click on the Privacy Screen and turn on the toggle for Privacy Screen.
Done, you have successfully hidden the photos and videos. Now, Google Drive is locked with your passcode or Face ID.
Conclusion: Hide Photos and Videos on iPhone or iPad
So, these are all the ways to hide photos and videos on your iPhone or iPad. However, hiding files on iOS not be easy as we do on Android. We hope the article helped you in hiding the files on your device.