Disable Google Chrome Dark Mode, Turn on Light Mode on Chrome Browser, Turn off Dark Mode on Google Chrome, Enable Light Mode on Chrome, Disable Dark Mode in Chrome on Android, Turn off Dark Theme in Chrome on macOS –
Google Chrome is a popular web browser developed by Google. Most peoples use Google Chrome as their default browser on their device to browse the Internet or to search for anything on the Internet.
One of the best features introduced by Google on the Google Chrome browser is the Dark Mode theme. Dark Mode is very beneficial for the eyes, especially during the night. It also helps in saving the battery life of the OLED displays.
Many users liked the Dark Mode theme and use it on most of their applications. However, some users do not like the Dark mode, or sometimes the dark mode theme does not work fine on websites.
So, if you are also one of those who does not like the Dark mode theme on your Chrome browser and want to disable it. Read the article till the end as we have mentioned all steps in the article by which you can disable the dark mode on the Chrome browser.
How to Disable Dark Mode in Google Chrome?
Here, we have listed the step-by-step process to disable the Dark Mode theme in the Google Chrome browser on Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
Disable on Android devices
Below are the steps to disable the dark mode theme or enable the light mode theme in your Android smartphone.
- Open the Chrome browser on your smartphone.
- Click on the three-dots menu at the top right side after the tab numbers.
- A popup will open, select Settings from the menu.
- Now, click on the Theme option under the Basics section.
- Here, select Light option to disable the dark mode theme.
Done, your theme will be changed to light mode on the Chrome browser in your Android smartphone.
Disable on iOS Devices
Chrome browser does not offer dedicated theme settings on iPhones. If you have enabled dark mode on your iOS device running on iOS 13 and above, Google Chrome will be on dark theme. Here’s how you can disable it in your Phone’s settings.
In addition to the Control Center, you can also disable dark mode in both iOS 13 and iPadOS via the Settings app.
- Click on the Settings icon from the home screen.
- Scroll down, and click on Display & Brightness.
- Here, select the Light option to disable dark mode (you will find the Light option under Appearance).
- Now, open Google Chrome and you will see the light mode in the browser.
Disable Dark Mode on Windows 10
Below are the steps to disable the Dark Mode Theme in Google Chrome on Windows 10.
- Open Settings of your Laptop or PC (or Search Settings in the search bar).
- Click on the Personalization option.
- Select Colors placed in the left sidebar.
- Here, select Light under the Choose your color option.
Done, you have successfully applied the light mode on Windows with all the applications. However, if you only want to disable the dark mode for Chrome only. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Chrome browser on your device.
- Click on the three-dots menu and select Settings.
- Here, click on the Appearance and the select Themes.
- Now, select the Light Theme from the Web store.
- You can also revert the theme to light verion by clicking on Reset to Default option.
Disable Dark Mode on macOS
The dark mode theme on Chrome browser in macOS is linked to the system-wide dark theme setting on devices. Below are the steps to disable dark themes from Chrome.
- Open the Apple menu.
- Click on the Preferences in the menu.
- Select General from the given options.
- Here, you will three options in the Appearance – Light, Dark, and Autio.
- Click on the Light to enable the light theme or disable dark mode.
Done, this will change the theme of your entire macOS device.
So, these are the ways by which you can How to Disable Dark Mode in the Google Chrome browser. We hope this helps you in disabling the dark mode on your browser.
If you like the article and it helps you in disabling the dark mode, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.
Stay Tuned for more informative articles and updates. Do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.