Voter ID is an identity card issued by the Election Commission of India to all Indian Citizens after the age of 18 years. It is also known as EPIC (Electors Photo Identity Card).
The main purpose of voter ID cards is to serve identity proof for voters, and prevent impersonation, fraud during fair and free democratic elections.
This card is also commonly known by people as an election card, Voter ID card, or Voter’s Card.
You can now apply for a Voter ID Card online by following simple steps. Below are steps to apply:
How to apply
- First of all open National Voters’ Services Portal Website
- Click on Register as new Voter.
- Now click on Don’t have an account, Register as a New User
- Fill your mobile number and captcha, and click on Send OTP
- Enter OTP sent on your mobile number and click Verify
- Click on I don’t have an EPIC number
- After then fill basic details like First Name, Last Name, Email, and create a password and click on Register
- Now go to Login Page
- Enter username (enter mobile number or email) and password which who create previously.
- Enter captcha code and click on Login
- After that a homepage will open, click on Forms Option
- Now a list of forms will open, click on Form 6 as Form Type
- Now you have to fill Form 6 by following given steps
How to Fill Form 6 for Voter ID
- Enter your state, district, Assembly or parliamentary constituency, and tick on “As a First Time Voter”
- Now, Enter you first name, and last name
- Enter your father or husband’s name and then enter relation with them
- Then enter your Date of Birth, and Gender
- Now Enter your state, district, address, and pincode.
- If your permanent address is different from current address then fill the next block otherwise tick on same as current address.
- Now enter EPIC number of Voter ID of your Family or Neighbour.
- If you have any disability then fill that
- Now enter your email and mobile number
- Upload your photo, age certificate, address certificate, and for age declaration, download age declaration form and upload it
- Now fill your state, city, district, and current date
- Finally enter captcha, date, place, and check first option and click submit
After completing this form you will get an application number note down it and you can track your application using this number in future
Your Voter ID will be delivered to you within one month.
Some FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is the minimum age for applying Voter ID Card?
The minimum age to apply for Voter ID is 18 years and above.
- Which documents I need for applying Voter ID?
You need Proof of Identity, Proof of Address, and a Photo to apply for a Voter ID card.