how to delete the Instagram archive, delete Instagram story after posting, how to delete Instagram story for everyone on the mobile app, desktop, or laptop, how to delete Instagram story after 24 hours, Best Ways to Delete Your Instagram Story and Archive –
Instagram is a popular photo and video sharing platform owned by Meta. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the world.
Many times, we post a story on Instagram, but after some time, we might want to delete it as we might have posted it accidentally or we don’t want followers to see that. However, the stories will remain active for only 24-hours but if you want to remove them early, you can do it.
So, if you are one of those who want to delete a photo and video from your Instagram story on mobile or PC, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the step-by-step guide to do so.
How to Delete a Photo, Video from Your Current Instagram Story and Archive?
On Desktop or Laptop
You can easily delete your current Instagram Story on your laptop or desktop. However, deleting the story archive is only possible on your mobile as only the Instagram app allows you to check the archives.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to delete a photo or video from your Current Instagram Story on a desktop or laptop.
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- Go to the Instagram website or visit instagram.com
- Click on your profile icon at the top-right side and select Profile.
- Now, again tap on your profile icon below the Instagram Logo.
- It will open your current story.
- Here, click on the three-dots icon on the top-right side.
- Finally, tap on Delete and confirm it by tapping Delete again.
Done, you have successfully deleted your current Instagram story.
On Android and iOS
You can easily delete your current or saved Instagram Story on your Android and iOS device. Follow the steps mentioned steps to delete it.
Delete Current Story
Here’s how you can delete your current or active Instagram Story from Instagram’s mobile app.
- Open the Instagram App on your device.
- Click on your profile picture icon at the top of the home page.
- On the next screen, click on the More or three-dots icon.
- Choose Delete from the given options and confirm it by tapping Delete.
Delete Archive Story
If you want to delete a photo or video from the Instagram story archive, then you can do it only from the mobile as only the app allows you to do so. Here’s how you can delete it on your Android and iOS device.
- Open the Instagram App on your Android or iPhone.
- Go to your profile feed (on Android, click on your profile picture icon at the bottom).
- On the profile feed page, click on the hamburger menu (or three lines) at the top and select Archive.
- It will show you all the archive stories. Tap on the story you want to delete.
- Once opened, click on the three-dots icon and tap on Delete.
- Finally, confirm it by clicking on the Delete button.
Done, you have successfully deleted the archived Instagram Story.
Conclusion: Delete Photo, Video from Your Story on Instagram
So, these are the ways by which you can delete your active and saved Instagram Story on your mobile or PC. Further, if you have deleted a story by mistake, you can easily recover deleted Instagram stories or posts. We hope the article helped you in doing so.
When you share a story on the Meta-owned photo-sharing platform Instagram, it will be active for 24 hours only. However, if you don’t want to show your story to others, you can delete it even before the 24 hours time period. To do so, follow the steps listed here in the article.
Yes, you can easily delete Instagram archived stories. However, you can only delete the archived stories from the mobile app as only the Instagram app allows you to view the archived stories.