“Challenges are what make life interesting, overcoming is what makes life meaningful” – Joshua J. Marine
All of us face some or the other challenges in our lives. But those who overcome it, are the ones who taste the fruit of success. Dr. Menka Mishra, the musical sensation we know today, also went through a lot to be the name she actually is. Someone has rightly said that ‘there is no such thing as overnight success; one has to grind himself in order to shine bright’. Menka Mishra was a God-gifted child. Her voice was melodious since her childhood. She used to sing at school functions, family events, etc. Little did she know that one day she would mesmerize everyone with her singing. She has a musical background in academics. She has done her bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. in music. Menka got married to Shri Arvind Mishra after completing her bachelor’s. She pursued MA in music after her marriage and a Ph.D. from Allahabad University after having two children. Her husband has always been supportive of her career. Menka never let marriage or her children become a barrier in her professional career. She always maintained a perfect balance between her professional and personal life.
Menka Mishra is a well-known personality in the world of classical music. Her Bhajans, Ghazals, and Sufi songs are appreciated by a lot of people. She has recorded various songs under the T-Series banner which are a big hit. Some of them are as follows:
- Jai Ganesh
- Pyar Hai Bepanah
- Bansuri Pe Kanha
- Mohan Murli Bana lena
- Prem Deewani Meera
- He Mahaveer Hanumat Namh
- Sai Chalisa
- Maiya Ka Darbar Saja Hai
- Shubh Karini Vaishno Devi
- Piya Nirmohiya and many more.
Menka Mishra has also established herself in the Bollywood industry. She has recorded various songs with Shaan, Udit Narayan, Kumar Vishnu, and Jaspinder Narula. Menka’s chants are also played on devotional channels like Sanskaar, Aastha, Satsang, etc. She has also done singing performances on National channels like Zee TV, ETV, Sahara, etc. Menka Mishra has also received various awards and certificates in the field of music. Some of them are as follows:
- “Top 50 Indian Icon Award” for the new subject of “Santana Soul of Music” in the year 2017.
- Certificate of appreciation for a musical concert that supported the cause of “Hunger-Free India” in the year 2017.
- Certificate of appreciation for singing devotional songs at “Rashtriya Ramayana Mela” in 2017.
- Certificate of appreciation for performing in “All India University Youth Camp” held at Pondicherry in 1993.
- First Prize for the presentation of Bhajans at “Ekta Mahotsav” in 1995.
- Certificate of appreciation for performing Ghazals at “Jagjit Singh Ghazal Night” in the year 2005.
- Received “Prayag Sangam Gaurav Award” in the year 2018.
- Received “Teerth Raj Kala Ratna” for Sugam Sangeet in the year 2015.
There are quite a lot of awards and appreciation certificates that Dr. Menka Mishra has conferred to her name during her musical journey. These were just a few of them.