dcsimg
Picking up non-XML input from a JWS Client
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Pete_Cion
Posted On:   Monday, September 16, 2002 04:05 PM

I am working with WebLogic Workshop 7.x and web service files (.jws). However, instead of picking up SOAP/XML input, I am working with external financial networks that have a legacy (i.e. non SOAP/XML) format, that, fortuntaely, comes in through TCP/IP. I'd like to be able to pick up the input directly as it is and then work with it from within the web service. I have tried modifying the XML maps and passing the message off to ECMAScript from within the .jws file. However, the system is still insisting that the input be in basic SOAP/XML format. The next step could be to set up an independently running server/daemon that simply sucks in the message as is and then sends it to my .jws file wrapped in bas   More>>

I am working with WebLogic Workshop 7.x and web service files (.jws).

However, instead of picking up SOAP/XML input, I am working with external financial networks that have a legacy (i.e. non SOAP/XML) format, that, fortuntaely, comes in through TCP/IP. I'd like to be able to pick up the input directly as it is and then work with it from within the web service.

I have tried modifying the XML maps and passing the message off to ECMAScript from within the .jws file. However, the system is still insisting that the input be in basic SOAP/XML format.

The next step could be to set up an independently running server/daemon that simply sucks in the message as is and then sends it to my .jws file wrapped in basic SOAP/XML format. This, then, could be interpreted, parsed, and broken down from within the web service.

However, this seems like a lot of work to go through just to pick up legacy, non SOAP/XML incoming messages.

Any comments or ideas?

Thx. - Pete

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact