which is best either Rational rose or control center
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   asheer_sava
Posted On:   Monday, September 9, 2002 02:38 AM

which design tool is more in and according to current trends now a days.plz suggest
and also tell from where we can download.
thanks if...

Re: which is best either Rational rose or control center

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Monday, September 9, 2002 10:28 AM

Hi,

Like Simon, I consider Control Center way better than Rational Rose, and I totally agree with his comments.

In addition I just would like to say that I have used both products, but I found myself more productive with CC in less time. I have found it projected and designed with java in mind...

I have to try the Embarcadero... I use a lot ER/Studio, and I'm curios to see if they have done a great job there too.

Re: which is best either Rational rose or control center

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Monday, September 9, 2002 04:59 AM

Personally, I favour Control Centre over Rose. Simply because, whilst CC has a number of bugs and is prone to crash periodically. I find it more stable than Rose. Also, the round trip engineering facilities in CC are far superior. It is however, very code centric i.e. it gathers a lot of its model information from the Java files themselves and this can be both a plus and a minus depending on your development setup.

The only safe way to choose is to decide what it is you need such a tool to do and then see whether or not it can do it and to seeif the way it forces you to work will fit into your existing environment.

Together-J: www.togethersoft.com

Describe: www.embarcadero.com

Rose: www.rational.com

Regards.

P.S. you might also want to look at Embarcadero's Describe.
About | Sitemap | Contact