Fundamental Issue: How do I avoid redundant copying of third party jars in an Application.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Abhilesh_khatri
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 11:49 PM

Problem defination: I'm using WSAD [Websphere Studio Application Developer] 4.0. on Win2k. Basically, I have created my own jar file that serves me the javamail functionality. This jar in turn requires third party jars like activation.jar and mail.jar. I have included these jars into the classpath. I'm able to build and create my custom jar file. I want to use my custom jar in an application. I need to place these third party jar files: mail.jar, activation.jar along with my custom jar say JavaMailUtility.jar , in the applications classpath. My application works only when I follow the above rule. Otherwise it gives complile time error stating that class not found. My question is: Even    More>>

Problem defination:

I'm using WSAD [Websphere Studio Application Developer] 4.0. on Win2k.

Basically, I have created my own jar file that serves me the javamail functionality. This jar in turn requires third party jars like activation.jar and mail.jar. I have included these jars into the classpath. I'm able to build and create my custom jar file.

I want to use my custom jar in an application. I need to place these third party jar files: mail.jar, activation.jar along with my custom jar say JavaMailUtility.jar , in the applications classpath. My application works only when I follow the above rule. Otherwise it gives complile time error stating that
class not found.

My question is: Even though I have included the third party jars in my custom framework why do I need to set them again in the application's classpath. This unnecessarily increases the project size. I want to avoid these. But at the same time I don't want to provide any external classpath i.e. setting system classpath variable.

Also I want to make the framework and application independent of external settings. i.e. complete by itself. User shouldn't get a chance to set any classpath or do some prior configuration when application is ported from one system to another.

Right now i'm doing following:

JavaMailUtility.jar  
------>
  MyApplication
(framework)    
Uses: mail.jar, activation.jar   Uses: JavaMailutility.jar [But in order to work out I also
need to put mail.jar and activation.jar in the classpath.]

How can I achieve this? Please help.
Any help will be appreciated.

regards
abhilesh

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact