dcsimg
Use Case w/ 2 Actors initiating
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tim_Clark
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 06:15 AM

I have a use case in my system, in which there are two possible actors that can initiate it. The use case will only be used by one at a time, so if I draw the diagram with both actors attached, it looks like they are both required for the use case to work, as opposed to showing "this actor" or "this actor". One actor is a system actor, another is an end user, the system actor could automatically perform the same update the end user could perform. I've avoided the idea that the system actor could take on the role of the end user, because that seems a little hard to swallow in this context. How should I represent this? I apologize if I'm being vague, but I can't go into the details of the system.    More>>

I have a use case in my system, in which there are two possible actors that can initiate it. The use case will only be used by one at a time, so if I draw the diagram with both actors attached, it looks like they are both required for the use case to work, as opposed to showing "this actor" or "this actor". One actor is a system actor, another is an end user, the system actor could automatically perform the same update the end user could perform. I've avoided the idea that the system actor could take on the role of the end user, because that seems a little hard to swallow in this context. How should I represent this?

I apologize if I'm being vague, but I can't go into the details of the system.

<<Less

Re: Use Case w/ 2 Actors initiating

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 25, 2002 10:59 PM

Create another use case called "U1". Where you have to describe your condition to access your original usecase "U". Then actors will call usecase "U1" and that usecase in turn call usecase "U" depends on condition

Posted By:   rajeev_kumar  
Posted On:   Friday, September 13, 2002 06:29 AM

When a USE CASE is being developed for particular business process, it tell who are all the ACTORS that will be involved with System (In UR example there are two actors)..concurrency issues are not be implemented in USE CASE VIEW DIAGRAMS....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By:   rajeev_kumar  
Posted On:   Friday, September 13, 2002 06:29 AM

When a USE CASE is being developed for particular business process, it tell who are all the ACTORS that will be involved with System (In UR example there are two actors)..concurrency issues are not be implemented in USE CASE VIEW DIAGRAMS....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 08:03 AM

They're 2 different use cases. They might both use the same innards.

About | Sitemap | Contact