dcsimg
IDEA(prior and 2.6 versions) crashes OS X 10.2
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Terence_Parr
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 4, 2002 12:05 PM

Unfortunately, IDEA worked GREAT under 10.1.x. Love IDEA! The only problem is that it crashes my 10.2 box (G4 450mhz) just about every time I run it. Most often when I'm trying to open a popup menu with a right click. The spinning ball comes up and never terminates. Sometimes it doesn't spin and whole interface dies. Just totally reinstalled OS X clean (did an upgrade from 10.1.x the first time) and it crashed again the 2nd time I ran IDEA today. Now, something else could be going on, but I'm starting to see a very high correlation. When I stopped using IDEA for days (after a fresh reboot), os x didn't crash. I am using java from the command-line, however. Can anybody tell me if they've seen this behavior? I'm hopin   More>>

Unfortunately, IDEA worked GREAT under 10.1.x. Love IDEA! The only problem is that it crashes my 10.2 box (G4 450mhz) just about every time I run it. Most often when I'm trying to open a popup menu with a right click. The spinning ball comes up and never terminates. Sometimes it doesn't spin and whole interface dies. Just totally reinstalled OS X clean (did an upgrade from 10.1.x the first time) and it crashed again the 2nd time I ran IDEA today.

Now, something else could be going on, but I'm starting to see a very high correlation. When I stopped using IDEA for days (after a fresh reboot), os x didn't crash. I am using java from the command-line, however.

Can anybody tell me if they've seen this behavior? I'm hoping it's something else, but...

Regards,
Terence

<<Less

Re: IDEA(prior and 2.6 versions) crashes OS X 10.2

Posted By:   Terence_Parr  
Posted On:   Saturday, September 14, 2002 12:36 PM

Updated my firmware and now system won't boot with USB plugged in, but once up it is stable! Still get the occasional IDEA freeze, but at least it doesn't take the system with it!
About | Sitemap | Contact