dcsimg
JBuilder5 - WEB-INF directory not visible
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   HELIGON_Sandra
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 3, 2002 09:17 AM

I use JBuilder5 to develop a web application.
In the IDE, I see all the folders under my
web application's root directory except the WEB-INF
directory.
I placed all my JSP files under WEB-INFJsp and
I can not access directly to the JSP files, I have
to select the Open file command for each file.
Is it possible to configure the IDE in order to see
the WEB-INF directory ?

Re: JBuilder5 - WEB-INF directory not visible

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 01:55 AM

don't remember in which version of JBuilder it appeared, but i know it is in JB6 and JB7 for sure... right click on the webapp node in the project explorer window, then select "directry", and check "include regular content in WEB-INF and subdirectories". this will display the WEB-INF node (and sub nodes) in the project explorer tree.

cheers
laurent

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 5, 2002 01:55 AM

don't remember in which version of JBuilder it appeared, but i know it is in JB6 and JB7 for sure... right click on the webapp node in the project explorer window, then select "directry", and check "include regular content in WEB-INF and subdirectories". this will display the WEB-INF node (and sub nodes) in the project explorer tree.

cheers
laurent

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 3, 2002 09:21 AM

Sandra,

WEB-INF, as per Servlet Specifications, is a special directory that cannot be accessed from the web. This because it contains the web application descriptor (web.xml) that could contain relevant information regarding the configuration of your web application.

Inside the WEB-INF directory, besides the web application descriptor, there are the classes and the lib used by the application... accessing to this dir from 'outside' should also allow users to access to the code of the application.

You should never put files that required to be accessed from 'outside' (jsp, html, gif, css, etc.) inside this directory (and subdirectories).

About | Sitemap | Contact