HTTP URL connection
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sreekanth_Thogarchedu
Posted On:   Friday, August 30, 2002 02:05 PM

I need source code for: 1)The Java app which opens up an HTTP URL connection and writes an output stream that starts a servlet with one thread. 2)The java app waits for(3 seconds) a response on the InputStream of the samt HTTP URL connection using another thread.This wait state is known as a “Block State”. 3)Servlet performs its processing and shuts down sending a response to the Java app . 4)The Java app closes the connection and shuts down In brief this can be done by: by doing with this option: you would not have to shut down the entire application. For each request, fire off two threads. One thread makes the HTTP URL connection. The other sleeps for a while. If the URL connection comes back, it termina   More>>

I need source code for:
1)The Java app which opens up an HTTP URL connection and writes an output stream that starts a servlet with one thread.
2)The java app waits for(3 seconds) a response on the InputStream of the samt HTTP URL connection using another thread.This wait state is known as a “Block State”.
3)Servlet performs its processing and shuts down sending a response to the Java app .
4)The Java app closes the connection and shuts down
In brief this can be done by:
by doing with this option:
you would not have to shut down the entire application. For each request, fire off two threads. One thread makes the HTTP URL connection. The other sleeps for a while. If the URL connection comes back, it terminates the sleeping thread, and terminates normally. If the sleeping thread wakes up, it kills the URL connection thread, and then returns an error indication to the calling thread.

<<Less

Re: HTTP URL connection

Posted By:   chris_moran  
Posted On:   Saturday, August 31, 2002 04:13 PM

I think you accidentally typed and you
meant . We HELP with PROBLEMS. We
do NOT write code for you.

best o' luck.

Posted By:   Mike_Friedrich  
Posted On:   Saturday, August 31, 2002 04:14 AM

Hi, please write your code simply as said by you. And post again if you got some problems. Till now i can't see that you have any problems or questions. You just have some work to do.

Regards, Mike

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, August 30, 2002 02:27 PM

Cool assignment. Who's your professor that assigned it?

About | Sitemap | Contact