dcsimg
Invisible Popup Script Call?
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   J_Gamble
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 28, 2002 08:03 AM

I'm attempting to find a script that will execute a popup without allowing the user to see that a popup has been introduced. The popup should be unnoticeble by the user.
A littl background; the pop up. Here is the popup I have.

Can if be done with some time trick? Or is there another solution.

The reason I'm attempting this is that I need to access the statistics available from the sitelog.cfm statement but don't need to show the user the statistics necessarily.

Thank for any help you can provide.
Onload="window.open('SiteLog.cfm','jav','menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,width=5,height=5,resizable=yes');

Re: Invisible Popup Script Call?

Posted By:   Firat_Tiryaki  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 4, 2002 07:17 AM

tell us what you exactly want to do with this... may be there is some other efficient way to do it.

Posted By:   Animesh_Srivastava  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 29, 2002 01:21 AM

As Christopher has rightly put it, using an invisible IFRAME would probably be a good idea. If however you necessarily want a popup then the best you could do is to hide its content (not the popup itself). But pls keep in mind that the user will have the option to close the popup using either the system menu on the popup window itself, or the task manager. Btw, is there any specific reason you want to go for a popup?

For Marryum: Great job!! Four (absolutely unnecessary and probably hasty) posts, one having profanity too. Pls give a thought before posting a message on technincal public forums like jGuru and try to be very clear in your mind as to what you expect from the post.

Rgds.

Animesh.

Posted By:   abrar_malik  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 28, 2002 11:37 PM

i hve also the same problem

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 28, 2002 09:36 AM

Probably you should use an invisible "iframe" in the same page, rather than popping up a new window.

About | Sitemap | Contact