Do I need to implement Serialization in a web application (with no EJBs)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   gearoid_taylor
Posted On:   Thursday, August 22, 2002 08:29 AM

I have a web application - e.g. using struts framework. I am using JavaBeans (not EJBs) to do business logic, and to persist to the database. Maybe there will be some Value Objects to communicate between the objects instead of a pile of getter and setters Do I need to implement serialisation for these beans in these situations? 1. Only one container with one JVM 2. A cluster of containers that are replicating state using mulitcast in an IP network (I don't know how the container is doing it) My guess is NO for 1, YES for 2. Can you let me know if I'm on the right kind of track here?    More>>

I have a web application - e.g. using struts framework.
I am using JavaBeans (not EJBs) to do business logic, and to persist to the database.

Maybe there will be some Value Objects to communicate between the objects instead of a pile of getter and setters

Do I need to implement serialisation for these beans in these situations?

1. Only one container with one JVM

2. A cluster of containers that are replicating state using mulitcast in an IP network (I don't know how the container is doing it)

My guess is NO for 1, YES for 2.

Can you let me know if I'm on the right kind of track here?

<<Less

Re: Do I need to implement Serialization in a web application (with no EJBs)

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 22, 2002 09:19 AM

You're probably right. The answer is definitely NO for #1, and probably is YES for #2, depending on how the containers are doing their thing.

About | Sitemap | Contact