dcsimg
Downloading the Images in Applets from the local directory
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mathan_Ramasamy
Posted On:   Monday, August 19, 2002 01:47 AM

Hi, I am using number of JAppletes with number of Images(gif files) in my application. I have bundled all the applets into a single Jar file. When the application downloads at the first time, the Applet jar is loaded into the local PC (temp directory). When we open the application subsequently, the applets are taken from local directory instead of downloading from the remote machine which reduces the downloading time lot. But the gif files are not loaded into the temp directory as the way the Jar(classes) files are loaded. Is there any way we can store the images (gif files) into our local directory. so that it will be picked up from the local machine instead of downloading from the remote machine each t   More>>

Hi,

I am using number of JAppletes with number of Images(gif files) in my application. I have bundled all the applets into a single Jar file. When the application downloads at the first time, the Applet jar is loaded into the local PC (temp directory). When we open the application subsequently, the applets are taken from local directory instead of downloading from the remote machine which reduces the downloading time lot.

But the gif files are not loaded into the temp directory as the way the Jar(classes) files are loaded.

Is there any way we can store the images (gif files) into our local directory. so that it will be picked up from the local machine instead of downloading from the remote machine each time

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact