dcsimg
weblogic-oracle max transactions
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, August 8, 2002 04:25 AM

Hi, I have to design a system for process ordering in my company in which I am planning to use weblogic. I have a bug concern about database performance. The fact I face is that the systems concentrates its workload during half an hour each day, during this time the database has to perform 77 tps (both reading and inserts). I have experience enough with weblogic to know that the pages served and logical transactions performance can be managed by the systems we have, BUT I don´t think we'll be able to perform 77 tps to oracle using jdbc... I have thought about, putting tuxedo in the middle to "enqueue" the database work... but I am affraid we'll need a pretty big machine.    More>>

Hi,

I have to design a system for process ordering in my company in which I am planning to use weblogic. I have a bug concern about database performance.

The fact I face is that the systems concentrates its workload during half an hour each day, during this time the database has to perform 77 tps (both reading and inserts). I have experience enough with weblogic to know that the pages served and logical transactions performance can be managed by the systems we have, BUT I don´t think we'll be able to perform 77 tps to oracle using jdbc...

I have thought about, putting tuxedo in the middle to "enqueue" the database work... but I am affraid we'll need a pretty big machine.

Another possibility could be using JTA ... but the problem is in the database, not in weblogic capacity to manage queues, it will be in the oracle eating rows etc.

Other way can be using an object relational mapping tool like versant's enjin... but I don't have any experience on how it performs, or works.

and... that's all I have can anybody give me hints???

THANKS a lot in advance

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact