Exception->"Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" while accessing native code from swing application
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manik_Grover
Posted On:   Thursday, August 8, 2002 03:34 AM

Hi, I have a java swing application that calls native C++ methods to read and write to the Windows registry. I get the following error while reading from the registry: An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM. Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x77E948CD Function=GetEnvironmentStrings+0x14D Library=C:WINNTsystem32KERNEL32.DLL ... Stack Trace ... ... DLL listing ... Local Time = Wed Aug 07 18:27:49 2002 Elapsed Time = 45 # # The exception above was detected in native code outside the VM # # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.0-b92 mixed mode   More>>

Hi,

I have a java swing application that calls native C++ methods to read and write to the Windows registry. I get the following error while reading from the registry:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x77E948CD
Function=GetEnvironmentStrings+0x14D
Library=C:WINNTsystem32KERNEL32.DLL

... Stack Trace ...

... DLL listing ...

Local Time = Wed Aug 07 18:27:49 2002
Elapsed Time = 45
#
# The exception above was detected in native code outside the VM
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.0-b92 mixed mode)
#

I am running on Windows 2000 Professional & using JDK 1.4.0 .

Any clue on what this problem can be due to? My guess is that it may be due to some type conversion happening between native code & java.

Suggestions/Solutions welcome & awaited too :)!

Thanks!

Man|k

<<Less

Re: Exception-&gt;"Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" while accessing native code from swing application

Posted By:   Gautam_Marwaha  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 8, 2002 10:42 PM

The problem lies in the native code. First test it completely by making an exe. Chances are you'll run into this error with the exe.
About | Sitemap | Contact