How to Move mail from one user account to another account
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rajiv_Singh
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 6, 2002 02:50 AM

Dear Friends My problem is, If user delete his mail from his trash folder then, I have to save this mail into a Archive Folder, which is another user in Imap, For example If I am a user of rajiv@xyz.com and if I delete the mail from Trash account then I have to copy this mail to archive_user@xyz.com. In this account I have created a folder for every user like Under Inbox there is a folder INBOX.raju. My problme is when I am copying this message to INBOX.raju then the server start waiting after Folder.appendMessages(msgs) or trash.copyMessages (msgs, archive) I am not able to understand reasion . Thanks in advance. Rajiv Singh    More>>

Dear Friends
My problem is, If user delete his mail from his trash
folder then, I have to save this mail into a Archive
Folder, which is another user in Imap, For example

If I am a user of rajiv@xyz.com and if I delete the
mail from Trash account then I have to copy this mail to

archive_user@xyz.com. In this account I have created a
folder for every user like Under Inbox there is a folder

INBOX.raju. My problme is when I am copying this
message to INBOX.raju then the server start waiting
after Folder.appendMessages(msgs) or trash.copyMessages
(msgs, archive) I am not able to understand reasion .
Thanks in advance.

Rajiv Singh

<<Less

Re: How to Move mail from one user account to another account

Posted By:   venkat_subramanian  
Posted On:   Monday, August 12, 2002 04:28 PM

You can have separate connections open to the two different accounts. You can perhaps register for notification on the Trash account. Whenever you get a new messageAdded event on that account, retrieve the message, make a copy and copy it to the desination through the other connection you are maintaining.

If you are trying to bulk copy like you are doing, it might lead to a delay until all the messages are copied. If it blocks for ever, it is not normal.

Regards
Venkat
About | Sitemap | Contact