dcsimg
Message.getSendDate not consistant
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sharona_Feinberg
Posted On:   Monday, July 29, 2002 07:57 AM

Hi , I am using Message.getSendDate from two processes I get one hour difference , I tried to fix that by running with the same timezone on both jvm. now , when I get a new email from the exchange server I get one hour difference when I get a new email from the same email server I get a few seconds difference. how that can be ? isn't it should be the same time ? it is the same email ! I use the same method on both processes. how can I solve that ? is there a way to make sure that I will get the same time ? thanks in advance, Sharona    More>>

Hi ,
I am using Message.getSendDate from two processes

I get one hour difference , I tried to fix that by running with the same timezone on both jvm.

now , when I get a new email from the exchange server I get one hour difference

when I get a new email from the same email server I get a few seconds difference.

how that can be ?

isn't it should be the same time ? it is the same email !

I use the same method on both processes.

how can I solve that ?

is there a way to make sure that I will get the same time ?

thanks in advance,
Sharona

<<Less

Re: Message.getSendDate not consistant

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 30, 2002 07:16 AM

now , when I get a new email from the exchange server I get one hour difference
when I get a new email from the same email server I get a few seconds difference.

What do the headers say, in the 2 copies of the message? (the "Date:" header, also the "Received:" headers)

Maybe the Exchange server is actually in a different timezone from the other "email server"? maybe one of the 2 servers is rewriting the "Date:" header of the message, using its own timezone, instead of leaving it as the original sending client made it?

About | Sitemap | Contact