dcsimg
Transport Exception when attempting to connect
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Elana_Galperin
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 24, 2002 12:59 PM

I am running SwiftMQ 3.2.0 on unix. All of the examples work fine if I run them on the same machine that SwiftMQ is running on. However, when I try to run the examples from another machine on the network I get the following error on the client side: Exception: javax.naming.NamingException: unable to connect, exception = javax.jms.JMSException: com.swiftmq.tools.requestreply.TransportException: Connection closed In the info.log I get the following information written: 2002-07-24 15:19:05.767/[BlockingTCPListener, swiftlet=sys$jms, port=4001]/Listener/INFORMATION/connection accepted: Socket addr=my.ip.address/my.ip.address,port=4046,localport=4001] 2002-07-24 15:19:05.862/m   More>>

I am running SwiftMQ 3.2.0 on unix. All of the examples work fine if I run them on the same machine that SwiftMQ is running on. However, when I try to run the examples from another machine on the network I get the following error on the client side:

Exception: javax.naming.NamingException: unable to connect, exception = javax.jms.JMSException: com.swiftmq.tools.requestreply.TransportException: Connection closed

In the info.log I get the following information written:

2002-07-24 15:19:05.767/[BlockingTCPListener, swiftlet=sys$jms, port=4001]/Listener/INFORMATION/connection accepted: Socket addr=my.ip.address/my.ip.address,port=4046,localport=4001]
2002-07-24 15:19:05.862/my.ip.address:4044/BlockingHandler/INFORMATION/Exception, EXITING: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 64, Size: 1

The only difference between the two examples is that SampleUtilities PROVIDER_URL variable contains "smqp://localhost:4001" in the example that is running on the server's machine and contains "smqp://host.ip.address:4001" in the example that is running on another LAN machine.

Can anyone shed some light at what is happenning? Thank you very much!

Elana

<<Less

Re: Transport Exception when attempting to connect

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 24, 2002 01:53 PM

That seems to be a classpath problem. Are you using the examples out of a swiftmq_3_2_0_eval from the client machine? Do you have any old swiftmq classes in your classpath, e.g. in the jre/lib/ext?
About | Sitemap | Contact