Copying String values from IDEA DEbugger
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Joe_Morse
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 24, 2002 11:30 AM

Is there any easy way to copy a String (or any other type variable) value while debugging in IDEA? Many IDEs and debuggers (including NetBeans) allow you to (a) set a breakpoint after the assignment of a value to a variable then (b) inspect and *copy* that variable's value. As far as I can tell, IntelliJ only lets you inspect the value and evaluate expressions on it (the results of which you can't copy). I've been getting around this problem by evaluating the expression to the System.out. I suppose you could use the Evaluate Expression feature to copy the value to the system clipboard, but there should be an easier way. Am I missing something here? I'm using 2.5.2. Thanks, Joe    More>>

Is there any easy way to copy a String (or any other type variable) value while debugging in IDEA? Many IDEs and debuggers (including NetBeans) allow you to (a) set a breakpoint after the assignment of a value to a variable then (b) inspect and *copy* that variable's value. As far as I can tell, IntelliJ only lets you inspect the value and evaluate expressions on it (the results of which you can't copy).

I've been getting around this problem by evaluating the expression to the System.out. I suppose you could use the Evaluate Expression feature to copy the value to the system clipboard, but there should be an easier way. Am I missing something here?

I'm using 2.5.2.

Thanks,

Joe    <<Less

Re: Copying String values from IDEA DEbugger

Posted By:   Stanislav_Davydov  
Posted On:   Monday, August 5, 2002 07:50 AM

Hello!

Yep, the System.out.print... is there is only one way, unfortunately :(

Best regards,
Stas
About | Sitemap | Contact