IP Masquarade Problem
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gua_TYN
Posted On:   Thursday, July 4, 2002 01:06 AM

Hi all, I have configured my Linux box as a proxy server using IP masquarade technique and Squid. In client sites use Windows 98 and Windows 2000, and both run Outlook 2000 for email. There is no problem as far as we just browsing with IE. But our email clients are not run properly when sending and receiving email. It always failed when trying to recognize pop3 and smtp server, but it always can be passed successfully the connection test --- it makes me confuse. For additional information, our POP3 and SMTP server are at our ISP site, and we are using Red Hat Linux 7.2 kernel version 2.4.7-10, iptables version 1.2.3, squid version 2.4. And I think I have configured the IP configurations in our W   More>>

Hi all,

I have configured my Linux box as a proxy server using IP masquarade technique and Squid.
In client sites use Windows 98 and Windows 2000, and both run Outlook 2000 for email.
There is no problem as far as we just browsing with IE. But our email clients are not run properly when sending and receiving email.
It always failed when trying to recognize pop3 and smtp server, but it always can be passed successfully the connection test --- it makes me confuse.
For additional information, our POP3 and SMTP server are at our ISP site, and we are using Red Hat Linux 7.2 kernel version 2.4.7-10,
iptables version 1.2.3, squid version 2.4.

And I think I have configured the IP configurations in our Windows boxes with properly. Has anyone experienced this problem before?
Thanks for all your attention and help.

Gua TYN

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact