dcsimg
Problem with signed jar.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Christian_Betz
Posted On:   Thursday, June 27, 2002 04:06 AM

Hi! I developed an app, which is running fine both under eclipse and from commandline (JDK 1.4). When running from commandline, it consists of four jars. One for my app + xerces, xalan and skinlf. I now tried to sign the jars using the jarsigner tool in order to distribute the app using Java Web Start. So I do have four signed jars. When running the same shell command (from Windows 2000) I used to run my app without signing, Java VM terminates with the error shown below: An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM. Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x6D2834C1 Function=JNI_OnLoad+0x249    More>>

Hi!

I developed an app, which is running fine both under eclipse and from commandline (JDK 1.4).

When running from commandline, it consists of four jars. One for my app + xerces, xalan and skinlf.

I now tried to sign the jars using the jarsigner tool in order to distribute the app using Java Web Start.

So I do have four signed jars. When running the same shell command (from Windows 2000) I used to run my app without signing, Java VM terminates with the error shown below:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x6D2834C1
Function=JNI_OnLoad+0x249
Library=D:programmeDevj2sdkjre injpeg.dll

Current Java thread:
at sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.readImage(Native Method)
at sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.produceImag
(JPEGImageDecoder.java:144)
at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch
(InputStreamImageSource.java:257)
at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop
(ImageFetcher.java:214)
at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:182)
Dynamic libraries:

Is there anybody out there with some hints????

Thank you very much in advance for any tips.

Bye

Chris

<<Less

Re: Problem with signed jar.

Posted By:   Christian_Betz  
Posted On:   Monday, July 1, 2002 02:30 AM

Hi!

I found the solution, so this is for documentation only:

It is not possible to load progressive-JPEGs from signed jars. Storing the same JPEG as non-progressive made it possible to run the signed app.

Bye

Chris

About | Sitemap | Contact