dcsimg
AS400 Mail Merge
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mike_Smith
Posted On:   Thursday, June 27, 2002 01:29 AM

I have a file on the AS400 containing data which I would like to merge with a letter template held possibly on the IFS. Once merged I need to view, print, fax, or email the letter. The letter preferably can contain formatted text and images (possibly a HTML page). The whole process (apart from view which will instigated from a GUI) must be automated. The merge and email/print/fax needs to be run from within a program that itself will be instigated automatically from some process. If you can imagine a call centre rep changing a tariff for a mobile phone customer. Once this is done an email/letter could be sent out automatically to confirm the change. The csr may not be aware that changing the tariff has instigated the processing/sending of an email/letter. I   More>>

I have a file on the AS400 containing data which I would like to merge with a letter template held possibly on the IFS. Once merged I need to view, print, fax, or email the letter. The letter preferably can contain formatted text and images (possibly a HTML page). The whole process (apart from view which will instigated from a GUI) must be automated.

The merge and email/print/fax needs to be run from within a program that itself will be instigated automatically from some process. If you can imagine a call centre rep changing a tariff for a mobile phone customer. Once this is done an email/letter could be sent out automatically to confirm the change. The csr may not be aware that changing the tariff has instigated the processing/sending of an email/letter.

I would prefer a 3rd party off the shelf solution that has an API that can integrate with the merge file but I am struggling to find one. I have written code to do some basic merging then mailing but I reckon there has to be some software out there somewhere.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks,
Mike Smith    <<Less

Re: AS400 Mail Merge

Posted By:   Abhiraj_Raut  
Posted On:   Monday, August 26, 2002 05:29 PM

Hello,
You visit this url http://www.premiersystems.ltd.uk/sq.htm and go through documentation and articles of SEQUEL case tool for AS400. I think this 'll help you.

Abhiraj
About | Sitemap | Contact