Is the org.apache.catalina.LifecycleListener sent an event before Tomcat is really started? Classpath/WAR file/Listener
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dan_Valiga
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 25, 2002 02:46 PM

I am using a class that implements LifecycleListener to receive a start event when Tomcat starts up. I've read several articles that show this to be a way to replace the old method of using a dummy servlet's init() method. However I've run in to some problems as the LifecycleListener seems to be getting triggered before the catalina code (server) is loaded... my class that implements the listener is receiving an event before WAR files are unpacked by Tomcat so the class is not found in the classpath. Actually the LifecycleListener class itself isn't found unless I create a softlink from the common/lib/ directory to the server/lib/catalina.jar file. How do I reference a jar file that exists in a war file that hasn't been unpacked yet? Must I stop    More>>

I am using a class that implements LifecycleListener to receive a start event when Tomcat starts up.
I've read several articles that show this to be a way to replace the old method of using a dummy servlet's init() method.
However I've run in to some problems as the LifecycleListener seems to be getting triggered before the catalina code (server) is loaded... my class that implements the listener is receiving an event before WAR files are unpacked by Tomcat so the class is not found in the classpath. Actually the LifecycleListener class itself isn't found unless I create a softlink from the common/lib/ directory to the server/lib/catalina.jar file. How do I reference a jar file that exists in a war file that hasn't been unpacked yet? Must I stop using the LifecycleListener?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact