With Tomcat 4.03, how can you access servlets on a application server????
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Scott_Amerson
Posted On:   Friday, June 21, 2002 07:22 AM

Hi! I have a situation where I need jsp pages on a webserver to access data, servlets to reside on the application server (for security)--both outside the firewall, and a db server that is inside the firewall.. Does anyone know if you can tell Tomcat 4.03 where to look for classes on another computer (e.g. via environment variables), or do you have to establish a connection from the web server to the application server via Socket code??? I have established a connection to the db server already, but currently it is directly from the web server to db server, and not through the application server. Is this n-tier situation possible , where there is minimal code on the web server??    More>>

Hi!

I have a situation where I need jsp pages on a webserver to access data, servlets to reside
on the application server (for security)--both outside the firewall, and a db server that is
inside the firewall.. Does anyone know if you can tell Tomcat 4.03 where to look for classes on
another computer (e.g. via environment variables), or do you have to establish a connection
from the web server to the application server via Socket code???

I have established a connection to the db server already, but currently it is directly from the
web server to db server, and not through the application server. Is this n-tier situation possible
, where there is minimal code on the web server??

Either way, don't you have to have some code on the web server to establish a connection
between the web server and app server???

Thanks in advance..

<<Less

Re: With Tomcat 4.03, how can you access servlets on a application server????

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, June 21, 2002 07:54 AM

First of all, I think you need to use the correct terms. A web server does not serve JSP pages, this is done by the application server. JSPs are compilled into servlets, so they are basicaly the same thing. Second, I recommand taht you put your application server inside the firewall, the 80 port is typically not blocked...
About | Sitemap | Contact