dcsimg
Problem using temporary topics between machines
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alison_Kakoschke
Posted On:   Monday, June 10, 2002 07:32 PM

Hi Andreas, I have the following scenario within my system - Client 1 sends a message on a topic. - Client 2 receives the message and responds back (on the same topic). Client 1 used correlation ids to ensure it is a response to the original message - Client 1 creates a temporary topic and a subscriber on the temporary topic. Client 1 then sends a message on the orginal topic with the ReplyTo field set to the temp topic. Client 1 then calls receive() on the temp topic waiting for the response. -Client 2 receives the message. Client 2 extracts the temp topic from the ReplyTo field and sets up a publisher on this temporary topic. Client 2 then creates its own   More>>

Hi Andreas,

I have the following scenario within my system

- Client 1 sends a message on a topic.

- Client 2 receives the message and responds back (on the same topic). Client 1 used correlation ids to ensure it is a response to the original message

- Client 1 creates a temporary topic and a subscriber on the temporary topic. Client 1 then sends a message on the orginal topic with the ReplyTo field set to the temp topic. Client 1 then calls receive() on the temp topic waiting for the response.

-Client 2 receives the message. Client 2 extracts the temp topic from the ReplyTo field and sets up a publisher on this temporary topic. Client 2 then creates its own temp topic on which a subscriber is set. The ReplyTo field of a message is then set to the temp topic created by this client (Client2) and this message is sent back on the temp topic created by client 1.

- Client 1 receives the message and extracts the temp topic from the ReplyTo field and sets up a publisher on this topic.

Hope that this is not too confusing!! Anyway, this works fine on the one machine (with different connections for each client). However, when talking between machines, it fails as soon as the clients attempt communication on the temporary topics.

In out configuration file for the multicast swiftlet, I only state that multicast occurs for those topics created at design time. Is this what is causing my problem? And if so, what I can I do to ensure I can communicate between machines on temporary topics as well?

Regards,

Alison Kakoschke.

<<Less

Re: Problem using temporary topics between machines

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 11, 2002 12:56 AM

As far as I understand you establish a communication via temp topics only and you want this via multicast.

Temp topics in SwiftMQ are actually queues. Their only intend is to provide a reply-to address. They are not topics in the usual sense and thus not served by the Topic Manager.

The Multicast Extension Swiftlet supports temp topics if it receives a message with a reply-to set to a temp topic. In that case, some special handling takes place and a subscriber can reply to a temp topic via multicast. Therefore, a message to a temp topic is only send via multicast if it is know by the Multicast Extension Swiftlet from a reply-to of a received message.
About | Sitemap | Contact