dcsimg
Hi can anyone give me Ideas on developing offline application?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ramesh_Shanmugam
Posted On:   Friday, May 31, 2002 04:55 AM

Hi Gurus, Thank u all for helping me to solve my problems. Today i really need your special ideas for my application to work in offline mode. My J2EE application does this. My site will have many Cinema Theatres registered with me and surfers may book their tickets online and they can get the tickets on the day booked in the respective theatres and pay the $ in theatres which will be tracked by my POS application. There is also another interface of booking tickets by which an individual can directly book his ticket in theater(we call it as Theatre interface) Here ev. thing is online i.e, booking done thru either of the above modes will be committed to my DB immdly. Now what my clients(Cinema Theatre Owner   More>>

Hi Gurus,
Thank u all for helping me to solve my problems.
Today i really need your special ideas for my application to work in offline mode.
My J2EE application does this.
My site will have many Cinema Theatres registered with me and surfers may book their tickets online and they can get the tickets on the day booked in the respective theatres and pay the $ in theatres which will be tracked by my POS application.
There is also another interface of booking tickets by which an individual can directly book his ticket in theater(we call it as Theatre interface)
Here ev. thing is online i.e, booking done thru either of the above modes will be committed to my DB immdly.

Now what my clients(Cinema Theatre Owners) are feeling is how they wud function if they lost the connectivity??
They cud not track which tickects r booked by whom.
So we need to build an offline application which will continue to function even the connectivity is lost.But here the main problem is how i am going to get the latest booking sheet for that day and how i am going to deal with bookings that has been done directly thru my theater interface once the system goes online.

Gurus i hope i wud get an Excellent idea to start with my developments.
Thanx
s.ramesh

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact