Close server Connection
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   MAHABOOB_PASHA
Posted On:   Thursday, May 30, 2002 04:07 PM

I am using Java IDL inside a bean for jsp pages and tomcat. The problem we are having is that each time the bean is executed, a new CORBA connection is established then it will connect to database, but never closed connection in server side, i.e. if I type the netstat I will know how many connection are there to my server. If tomcat is shutdown then my server connection will go off. The server side connection will not close even If I close my internet explorer. For example if 10 users are using the application then 10 connection will be there in servers. If these users close the application or close the internet explore then still this 10 connection exists in server. If I shutdown the tomcat then only this 10 connection will go off. Since the connections are not be   More>>

I am using Java IDL inside a bean for jsp pages and tomcat. The problem we are having is that each time the bean is executed, a new CORBA connection is established then it will connect to database, but never closed connection in server side, i.e. if I type the netstat I will know how many connection are there to my server. If tomcat is shutdown then my server connection will go off. The server side connection will not close even If I close my internet explorer. For example if 10 users are using the application then 10 connection will be there in servers. If these users close the application or close the internet explore then still this 10 connection exists in server. If I shutdown the tomcat then only this 10 connection will go off. Since the connections are not being closed. How can I force the connection to be closed in server. Even I tried putting the session timeout in web.xml still server connection exists. I am using JDK 1.3, Apache 1.3 web server, Tomcat/4.0.1 Servlet/JSP Container and Corba is using for the server connection. Please advise how to disconnect the connections. Please let me know wheather I am using the correct versions or not and any information/document on How to handle the corba connection in tomcat. Even I tried using session.invalidate() and jspDestory() in my jsp code but still no result

Please help me

Regards, Mahaboob Pasha

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact