dcsimg
SOAP Serialization
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mike_Smith
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 28, 2002 04:06 AM

I'm quite new to using SOAP ( normally use shower gel ;) ) and have stumbled across a little problem. I got a SOAP service working when sending a String back and forth. When I tried to send my own objects ( which implements java.io.Serializable ) I get the following error: No Serializer found to serialize a XXX using encoding style XXX I understand that I need to setup a type mapping for my object in the deployment descriptior, but which serializer/deserializer do I use? Could anyone give an example maybe what URI to use etc. I have two objects: A Request ( Hashtable & Strings ) A Response ( StringBuffer ) Many thanks    More>>

I'm quite new to using SOAP ( normally use shower gel ;) ) and have stumbled across a little problem.

I got a SOAP service working when sending a String back and forth. When I tried to send my own objects ( which implements java.io.Serializable ) I get the following error:

No Serializer found to serialize a XXX using encoding style XXX

I understand that I need to setup a type mapping for my object in the deployment descriptior, but which serializer/deserializer do I use? Could anyone give an example maybe what URI to use etc.

I have two objects:
A Request ( Hashtable & Strings )
A Response ( StringBuffer )

Many thanks

Mike

<<Less

Re: SOAP Serialization

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 28, 2002 10:03 AM

mike, you need serializers for your object. check the SOAP documentation. there you will find the list of objects for which serializers have been created and explanation on what you need to do to create new ones.
About | Sitemap | Contact