How best to copy class diatgram from rose to word?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   sid_northfield
Posted On:   Monday, May 13, 2002 11:31 AM

I am having a problem when copying class drawings done in rose and pasting to word. Class diagrams are sectioned in three sections these are: The top section where the name of the class is declared. The middle section where the parmeters are declared. The bottom section is where the methods are declared. The problem is when I copy the class diagram. I do this by selecting all and copy (ctrl-c or edit/copy). I then do past into word document. I do this by opening up word and ctrl-v or edit/paste. When I do this an graphic file is pasted to word. However the graphic file is a little distorted. For some reason the partiton of the class gets moved down a little. This results in    More>>

I am having a problem when copying class drawings done in rose and pasting to word.

Class diagrams are sectioned in three sections these are:

The top section where the name of the class is declared. The middle section where the parmeters are declared. The bottom section is where the methods are declared.

The problem is when I copy the class diagram. I do this by selecting all and copy (ctrl-c or edit/copy). I then do past into word document. I do this by opening up word and ctrl-v or edit/paste.

When I do this an graphic file is pasted to word. However the graphic file is a little distorted. For some reason the partiton of the class gets moved down a little. This results in the top method of the class having a line across it and so thus making it difficult to read.

<<Less

Re: How best to copy class diatgram from rose to word?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 14, 2002 04:39 AM

Maybe one of the postings in rose_forum@rational.com is something for you:

http://www.mail-archive.com/rose_forum@rational.com/msg00616.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/rose_forum@rational.com/msg02861.html

For Rose-specific questions I recommend that EMail-based Forum.

To subscribe send an email:

To:majordomo@rational.com

Subject:

Body:unsubscribe rose_forum

To send a comment/question send an email:

To:rose_forum@rational.com

Subject:(Rose) a meaningful header

Body:Your problem / question

Re: How best to copy class diatgram from rose to word?

Posted By:   Sebastien_Meric  
Posted On:   Monday, May 13, 2002 10:55 PM

I dont know much about rose but I'm sure that as in any UML editor you may extract diagrams to gif. Then use insert/image in word to get the clean image in your document.

But I supose you also may extract from rose to rtf formated document with lots of very interesting information hanging arround that would help you a lot... (I would try the second solution).

regards

About | Sitemap | Contact