dcsimg
Unicode Text file input
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jobo_some
Posted On:   Sunday, May 12, 2002 04:35 PM

Hi I am reading in a unicode text file and I am getting garbage. I believe what the reader is doing is reading one BYTE at a time instead of one unicode char at a time.(2 bytes) the result is that the string has apx twice as many char and of course they are all jibrish.I would like to get one char at a time and do a comparison to find out if it is a specific char. ... BufferedReader BufferedInputFile = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(UserInputFile)); ....... ... for(int i=0; NextLine.length() > i ; i++){ if (NextLine.charAt(i)== 'u05d0' ).......... YOur help is greatly appreciated. Thanks    More>>

Hi

I am reading in a unicode text file and I am getting garbage. I believe what the reader is doing is reading one BYTE at a time instead of one unicode char at a time.(2 bytes) the result is that the string has apx twice as many char and of course they are all jibrish.I would like to get one char at a time and do a comparison to find out if it is a specific char.

BufferedReader BufferedInputFile = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(UserInputFile)); .......

for(int i=0; NextLine.length() > i ; i++){

if (NextLine.charAt(i)== 'u05d0' )..........

YOur help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact