dcsimg
How to config JBuilder 6 for Weblogic 7?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Noddy_Alan
Posted On:   Saturday, May 11, 2002 12:16 PM

Hi there,

how to config JBuidler 6 for Weblogic 7, so it is possible
to develop EJB 2.0 on it, since on its default config,
JBuilder doesn't allow me to do it, but I can do it
if application server is replaced with weblogic 6.1, what's
different?

Any tip is appreciated.

Noddy

Re: How to config JBuilder 6 for Weblogic 7?

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Saturday, June 8, 2002 02:11 PM

I am using JB6 and WebLogic 7. I did the integration mostly following the information in this white paper from borland. You have to adapt according to the differences between 6.1 and 7. For example, to deploy you need to add a 'username XXXX' entry in your jar's deployment dialog box, where XXXX is the name of your admin user. There are a few more differences, but it's mostly straight forward.

kuddos to borland for the flexibility of JBuilder, once you figure how to use it.
cheers

Re: How to config JBuilder 6 for Weblogic 7?

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Saturday, May 11, 2002 02:07 PM

hi there,

the EJB spec is one and the same, no matter which server you use. The only difference in the JBuilder settings have to do with how deployment descriptors are created for a specific version of a particular server, and how to invoke the server (parameters + location and name of the jar files to add to the VM command line). But, as long as the startup method is the same, jbuilder does not really care what server it is calling. You could even go to the "Project>Project Properties>Run>EJB tab, and change manually the "VM parameters" command line of the server to fit any potential changes between 6.1 and 7.0

hope that helps
laurent

About | Sitemap | Contact