dcsimg
i have J2ME client program and 2 servlet prog. how to invoke aonother servlet from the current when the J2ME places request
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kamalanathan_vijatt
Posted On:   Thursday, May 9, 2002 11:18 AM

hai, This is Kamalanathan @ Vijay T. (M.Sc.Computer Science) ,student of Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, INDIA. Currently, myself and 4 of my classmates are engaged with our Final Semester Project. We are developing an SMS Multilingual System, using J2ME as Client and Servlet as Server platform. While developing this, we got struck at one place and we are not able to move futher. The problem is , "we have one Mobile Client program (developed in J2ME) which is responsible for placing request to a Server program,i.e. a Servlet program. That Servlet will place the users requets in the queue, and then it has to call another Servlet program, which should take the service from the queue and process it    More>>

hai,

This is Kamalanathan @ Vijay T. (M.Sc.Computer Science) ,student of Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, INDIA.

Currently, myself and 4 of my classmates are engaged with our Final Semester Project. We are developing an SMS Multilingual System, using J2ME as Client and Servlet as Server platform.

While developing this, we got struck at one place and we are not able to move futher. The problem is ,

"we have one Mobile Client program (developed in J2ME) which is responsible for placing request to a Server program,i.e. a Servlet program. That Servlet will place the users requets in the queue, and then it has to call another Servlet program, which should take the service from the queue and process it and atlast , it should send back the response back to the J2ME Client ".

The area where we got struked was , "invoking another servlet from the first servlet". Actually, to do this we used "sendRedirect()" method of Servlet. But, once when the servlet is redirected , automatically , a message like "This page is temporarily moved", is given in HTML tags.

Instead of using "sendRedirect()", we also tried using "forward() and include()" request, but this time we are getting an error as the output in the Mobile Client. Actually, we are using JAVA WEB SERVER
for testing.

also, we haven't seen any working examples of forward() and include() request of servlet Programs.If possible please show us some samples.

We will be very much pleased if u people give the solution. Please try to solve our problem as soon as possible.

Thanking u,

Yours respectfully,
kamalanathan@vijayt.

<<Less

Re: i have J2ME client program and 2 servlet prog. how to invoke aonother servlet from the current when the J2ME places request

Posted By:   Lunkwill_Vroomfondel  
Posted On:   Monday, May 13, 2002 03:33 AM

you said:

That Servlet will place the users requets in the queue, and then it has to call another Servlet program, which should take the service from the queue and process it and atlast , it should send back the response back to the J2ME Client

thats not possible! the second servlet cannot send the response to the client(midlet) for the client midlet has not called the servlet.
the second servlet could send its responses through the called first servlet.

Re: i have J2ME client program and 2 servlet prog. how to invoke aonother servlet from the current when the J2ME places request

Posted By:   Lunkwill_Vroomfondel  
Posted On:   Sunday, May 12, 2002 03:54 PM

why not creating an url-connection from within the servlet?
About | Sitemap | Contact